• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why flight school is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I love this, "He owns the helocopter. He was told not to fly it but went ahead anyhow."

Why is it that the more money you have the less brains you have? I think this guy definately deserves a Darwin award.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I saw this a while back but unfortunately i didnt know someone was filming my helo FAM 1!

Hudson

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. The ones you can fly the plane after are great.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
when i originally saw this on another forum it said the pilot was drunk

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Threadjack...

I asked my detailer for some advice since I'm going to flight school soon, and he told me a story about a guy who went to flight school in his own plane. This guy showed up the Pensacola airport in his own plane, an aerobatic plane he had flown at a lot of shows. He did great on a lot of flights, but when it came to instrument flights, he was horrible. He figured he already knew enough, so he didn't study much, but was still able to do ok up until those intrument flights. I think he came close to getting attrited.

End threadjack.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i knew a guy at corpus that had his own aerobatic plane..was accelerated and got jets.

Bevo16

pilot
These are the guys that we share the skies with.

I was on a late fam in Corpus a couple of years ago in the springtime. This is right about when the Mexican farmers are all burning their fields to plant, so the smoke and haze gets pretty bad over the gulf. It was borderline VMC but we needed to get the X so we were pushing a little. We had a horizon, and we could see the ground right below us, so good enough right. I was doing my clearing turns during the climb to the working area and all of the sudden the windscreen is just full of a Cessna 172. I don't know just how close we were to him, but the pilot had green eyes. After we got away from him we asked ATC if they had him on radar and they said that they had a contact out there squaking VFR but he said that he was reported at 700 feet. We passed him at 7,000 feet. This same stopped talking to approach right after that and almost hit 2 other T-34's in the southern working areas as he flew south along the coast.

I guess the moral of the story is that there are a lot of idiots out there who do not have anything close to our level of training. Look out for these clowns, if they cause a mishap it will not matter who is wrong if you are both dead.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bevo said:
These are the guys that we share the skies with.

I was on a late fam in Corpus a couple of years ago in the springtime. This is right about when the Mexican farmers are all burning their fields to plant, so the smoke and haze gets pretty bad over the gulf. It was borderline VMC but we needed to get the X so we were pushing a little. We had a horizon, and we could see the ground right below us, so good enough right. I was doing my clearing turns during the climb to the working area and all of the sudden the windscreen is just full of a Cessna 172. I don't know just how close we were to him, but the pilot had green eyes. After we got away from him we asked ATC if they had him on radar and they said that they had a contact out there squaking VFR but he said that he was reported at 700 feet. We passed him at 7,000 feet. This same stopped talking to approach right after that and almost hit 2 other T-34's in the southern working areas as he flew south along the coast.

I guess the moral of the story is that there are a lot of idiots out there who do not have anything close to our level of training. Look out for these clowns, if they cause a mishap it will not matter who is wrong if you are both dead.

Real moral of the story: You can't just rely on ATC to seperate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.