• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why are you Leaving?

azguy

None
Most (not all, but most) of the OODs I've seen can't be trusted.

No kidding. CVN ship drivers suck. I've never heard a halfway decent reason why people drive a 100,000 ton ship like they are blind, deaf, and shitfaced. I think it comes down to the fact that, at the end of the day, everyone else will get out of their way...usually...

They will take occasionally take 45-60 minutes trying to set flight quarters even when your land time was on their POD. I wish I were joking, that's just how it is.

Do we fuck this up sometimes? Sure. Just keep in mind that I've been on the other end of a red phone/chat window -plenty of times- with an irate CVN TAO who has been beaten into submission to blindly execute the air plan with absolutely no regard for anything else happening in the universe. "Have a nice day..."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No kidding. CVN ship drivers suck. I've never heard a halfway decent reason why people drive a 100,000 ton ship like they are blind, deaf, and shitfaced. I think it comes down to the fact that, at the end of the day, everyone else will get out of their way...usually...

Do we fuck this up sometimes? Sure. Just keep in mind that I've been on the other end of a red phone/chat window -plenty of times- with an irate CVN TAO who has been beaten into submission to blindly execute the air plan with absolutely no regard for anything else happening in the universe. "Have a nice day..."
TAO executing the airplan? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA . . . (breath) . . . HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Romeo, Papa, the Air Wing staff, and the squadrons would like a word about that. The Battle Watch doesn't shit on the TAO when they can't find out why 403 went down on the cat . . . again. Or when LTJG Fucknuts never checked in with Red Crown. Squadrons don't call the TAO with that last-minute FCF.

Not that I'd call Romeo a terribly important part of the whole scheme of things by any stretch of the imagination. They're not. But the only time I usually talked to the TAO was roughly 30 seconds for turnover (mine or theirs) and about 10 seconds on the phone at zero-ass-thirty saying "yup, all planes on deck, alerts were set at zero-ass-thirty minus 15. I'm headed to rats. Peace out, bro."

Oh, and listening to their simulated 1MC BS during GQ. Bet to self: are they going to actually play a recorded explosion sound effect this time, or just go "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" like a moron?

Last edited:

azguy

None
Romeo, Papa, the Air Wing staff, and the squadrons would like a word about that. The Battle Watch doesn't shit on the TAO when they can't find out why 403 went down on the cat . . . again. Or when LTJG Fucknuts never checked in with Red Crown. Squadrons don't call the TAO with that last-minute FCF.

That's generally the conduit off ship. I never talked to -P or the Air Wing staff about flight ops and being in station...nor would I! It's always the TAO. I figure if it were really a big deal, -B or -Z would chew my ass, but no...

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
No kidding. CVN ship drivers suck. I've never heard a halfway decent reason why people drive a 100,000 ton ship like they are blind, deaf, and shitfaced.
It's actually pretty easy, for guys with wings on their chests....

I would suggest splitting this long-since-derailed thread, but I really don't know what the new one would be called.....:(

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Funny, considering that when -B was chewing my ass, it usually wasn't a "big deal," it was harassing me over something they could see themselves on ISIS, or why I was 90 seconds late on my hourly checkin. Really?

Oh, and are we going to hire a bunch of UNIX programmers to call it something other than ISIS, now that that name is politically incorrect?

robav8r

None
Contributor
azguy - why are you arguing about aviation centric topics that you clearly have little knowledge or experience of with guys/gals that do? SailorBob is your friend . . . :)

azguy

None
azguy - why are you arguing about aviation centric topics that you clearly have little knowledge or experience of with guys/gals that do? SailorBob is your friend . . . :)

Aviation centric? Go back and read my posts. Are you TAO and OOD qualified? I bow to your vast experience!

robav8r

None
Contributor
Aviation centric? Go back and read my posts. Are you TAO and OOD qualified? I bow to your vast experience!
Well, OK. In the past three pages you admit to never have been on a CVN, never worked with (or even talked to) Air Wing staff or PAPA and you assume Shooter & TAO are PERS-43 "dead end" jobs for terminal LT's. Please, continue to educate me on the failings and poor ship driving techniques of Naval Aviators & Flight Officers.

azguy

None
So you think a CVN is the best suited unit in a CSG to hold -C? Serving a CVN makes you the end-all expert in CWC dynamics? Do you think being a shooter or TAO is "career enhancing" based on last year's board results?

My point: instead of telling me, or at least implying, that I don't know shit- why don't you engage in an intelligent conversation and try to prove me wrong.

robav8r

None
Contributor
So you think a CVN is the best suited unit in a CSG to hold -C? Serving a CVN makes you the end-all expert in CWC dynamics? Do you think being a shooter or TAO is "career enhancing" based on last year's board results?

My point: instead of telling me, or at least implying, that I don't know shit- why don't you engage in an intelligent conversation and try to prove me wrong.
I'm not the one who recommended making flight attrites Shooters . . . . and I never implied you didn't know shit, although you're definitely acting like it. Yes, Shooter and TAO are career enhancing, disassociated sea tours, despite a horrendous year for promotion/screen boards. The pendulum will continue to swing . . . .

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
oh jeezus. Any thoughtful comment I could have in this thread would need to be on SIPR unless I wanted my clearance to be revoked. But there are some real jokesters in this thread. Where is SIPR AW when you need it.......

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

Slow your roll dude.

Do you think being a shooter or TAO is "career enhancing" based on last year's board results?
No. Being ANY mouth breathing SWO was a lot better for one's chances at making O-4. Your community has a bright future.

Back to the actual intent of this thread.... When dudes with AZGuy's apparent attitude end up in positions of authority (generally disproportionate to competence and ability) - that's why guys leave. There, thread back on track. You're welcome.