• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who's gonna call the ball? (Them's fightin' words..)

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
No offense, but this topic is being wayyyyyyyy blown out of proportion. And most of the one eyes around the shop could really give a shit. If a guy is having a problem its fairly easy to detect. Stevie Wonder on the approach / ball at night or a radio call saying I have X, Y or Z problem. Its not going to be a surprise if the guy is no hud, single engine, Gain Oride etc.. Also if its a shitty night with storms the baots moving, sandstorm etc then any paddles with half a brain is going to realize the suck factor is higher and a guys gonna be more amped. You really need to hear it in his voice. And if a guy is having one of those nights and cant get aboard then I really doubt it matters who is calling the ball because everyone on the boat knows about it (scary vision) and paddles is gonna be talkin to the pilot (other than the ball call) anyway. Also if there are snakes in the plane then paddles will get the I'm scared voice from the WSO. Have we had anything bad happen because a WSO called the ball instead of the pilot? And I dont mean stupid calls because pilots can say stupid shit just like a WSO. Like calling the ball when the fuckin lense isnt even on (by a pilot 0-5 type). Our community is doing its best to make WSO's useless these days. Taking the ball call away is just the the tip of the iceberg. How bout talking about who runs the radar, etc... Anyway ramble over. Oh yeah London rocks. This has been a hell of a week in England. Liver failing as we speak. And I'm out.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
^ Is he one of the guys telling us that careers shouldn't be measured by flight hours and traps. That simulator training is as good as FCLPs and that cutting airwings to the bare minimum flight hour funding while deployed are "best business" practices? Sorry, I just get a little upset when I see these guys who got theirs while today's tailhookers are finding centurion and 1000 hour patches more and more elusive.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's a centurion patch? :icon_smil

cubidog.jpg

:icon_smil :D :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just to clarify ... and for the record for those of you who have never spent ONE fuckin' 12-hour duty day on the PLATFORM ... or at the end of the runway ... or anywhere else LSO-related, for that matter:

The day that NFOs and pilots
determine (and I'm talkin' about those pilots who are NOT LSOs) -- how to fly ... how to call ... who's to call ... how to grade ... how to fly ... and how to make it all 'work' in the AirWing sense of the 'game' ...

... is the day that I will personally eat shit and howl at the moon ...

... and until then???

I just have one question.

Any questions ... ??? :)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just to clarify ... and for the record for those of you who have never spent ONE fuckin' 12-hour duty day on the PLATFORM ... or at the end of the runway ... or anywhere else LSO-related, for that matter:

The day that NFOs and pilots
determine (and I'm talkin' about those pilots who are NOT LSOs) -- how to fly ... how to call ... who's to call ... how to grade ... how to fly ... and how to make it all 'work' in the AirWing sense of the 'game' ...

... is the day that I will personally eat shit and howl at the moon ...

... and until then???

I just have one question.

Any questions ... ??? :)

Oh be still my beating heart!

To witness you light+ attack guy personally eating shit and howling at the moon.... now that is some serious, massive, and exceedingly enticing bogie bait! :icon_tong

But as to any "questions"? ......... Hey, my momma 'dint' raise no fools! ;) :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Oh be still my beating heart!

To witness you light+ attack guy personally eating shit and howling at the moon.... now that is some serious, massive, and exceedingly enticing bogie bait! :icon_tong

But as to any "questions"? ......... Hey, my momma 'dint' raise no fools! ;) :D

Yeah ... but, see CAT ...

You 'disagree' like the Gentleman you always were and always will be ... and that's eternally to your credit. And I always appreciate your gentlemanly traits, for the record ...

And that's also somethin' that some of these 'guys' ... those who are
VERY concerned about the size of their penis ... will NEVER 'get'.

+ 1 or 2 or whatever ... stay healthy, wealthy, and wise ... Bruddah. :)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah ... but, see CAT ...

You 'disagree' like the Gentleman you always were and always will be ... and that's eternally to your credit. And I always appreciate your gentlemanly traits, for the record ...

And that's also somethin' that some of these 'guys' ... those who are
VERY concerned about the size of their penis ... will NEVER 'get'.

+ 1 or 2 or whatever ... stay healthy, wealthy, and wise ... Bruddah. :)

Thank you... Bruddah. :eek: (But tell my wife that.)

Indeed you and I have stood, still stand, and always will stand as special brothers. We were forged together forever in our wildly shared, extremely challenging, and sometimes bloodied fields of our significant prior service.
That is a serious and strong bond! To be forever respected.

[.... Of course my "personal preferences" here notwithstanding. ......:D :D ]

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Ok you two, your kinda creepin me out. All I can see is A4 and Cat in the shower scene in Top Gun. Any more penis talk here and I will move for a ban or suspension.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok you two, your kinda creepin me out. All I can see is A4 and Cat in the shower scene in Top Gun. Any more penis talk here and I will move for a ban or suspension.
:yuck_125: - Gack!
Maybe it would ease your mind to know that A4s and I have never personally met.
And besides....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: ... made me laugh. Nervously, perhaps ... but a laugh is still a laugh, yea-as ??? :)

Besides ... most Fighter-Pukes liked tub baths ... :)