• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whomever (s)he is...I wanna put in for a NAM

OscarMyers

None
My favorite comment so far (by NaturalVibes):

This was an outright act of war by the military industrial complex against the peaceful residents of Berkeley. I and many others I know had our equilibriums thrown off balance for hours after the afterburner attack. It took several more hours of meditation and a drum circle to recenter my chi.

HIPPIES.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

This was an outright act of war by the military industrial complex against the peaceful residents of Berkeley. I and many others I know had our equilibriums thrown off balance for hours after the afterburner attack. It took several more hours of meditation and a drum circle to recenter my chi.
One wonders if posts like these are made with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

9025.png

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
One wonders if posts like these are made with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

I would think most likely so, but it so matches the stereotype in my head.

Unfortunately, I don't think our SuperHornet pilot friend is going to just end up with funny comments online...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Poor headwork, IMHO. Not that it appears the pilot did anything illegal, but I can't suppress the suspicion that we will soon have a new restriction against "wing rocking" when not actually NORDO.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Poor headwork, IMHO. Not that it appears the pilot did anything illegal, but I can't suppress the suspicion that we will soon have a new restriction against "wing rocking" when not actually NORDO.

I respectfully disagree. This is the kind of thing that makes people pick up and tell Uncle to pack sand. If he didn't violate any rules then he didn't violate any rules. If he went past 45 degrees AOB then maybe he broke a rule but if not there is nothing that says when I can and can't be in AB as long as I am adhering to the AS restrictions.

This is where big Navy stands up for its guy and says "Dear people of Berkeley, we are sorry you live under a rock and don't get to hear American firepower flying over your head on a regular basis. This pilot did nothing wrong. PERIOD. If you were all really diving under tables and worried for your lives then please stop being such pussies."

The whole "sound of freedom" thing is an easy cliche but people need to realize that the sound of any military machine is truly the sound of the American way of life. Get rid of the military and get rid of your freedoms.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Soooo....the pilot didn't do anything illegal, break any rules, or put anyone in danger, but his actions were as you say, a result of poor headwork. Really?? You sound like a SWO.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I respectfully disagree. This is the kind of thing that makes people pick up and tell Uncle to pack sand. If he didn't violate any rules then he didn't violate any rules. If he went past 45 degrees AOB then maybe he broke a rule but if not there is nothing that says when I can and can't be in AB as long as I am adhering to the AS restrictions.

This is where big Navy stands up for its guy and says "Dear people of Berkeley, we are sorry you live under a rock and don't get to hear American firepower flying over your head on a regular basis. This pilot did nothing wrong. PERIOD. If you were all really diving under tables and worried for your lives then please stop being such pussies."

The whole "sound of freedom" thing is an easy cliche but people need to realize that the sound of any military machine is truly the sound of the American way of life. Get rid of the military and get rid of your freedoms.

Goddamn. Well put.

azguy

None
I grew up in the Bay Area and seeing/hearing TACAIR is definitely way out of the ordinary. Was this a 'last flight' joyride? If so, that's pretty fucking epic.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I grew up in the Bay Area and seeing/hearing TACAIR is definitely way out of the ordinary.
And therein lies the problem. People should be so lucky to hear one of the Navy's very best weapon systems flying overhead. And phase zero of Red Dawn grows ever nearer . . .

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

I agree with taking a stand against this sort of complaint, but do you honestly expect Big Navy is going to stand up and tell the people of Berkeley to "pound sand"? I don't, if for no other reason than an inquiry has already apparently been started for a situation which should be fairly simple: either he was complying with ATC or he wasn't.

Soooo....the pilot didn't do anything illegal, break any rules, or put anyone in danger, but his actions were as you say, a result of poor headwork. Really?? You sound like a SWO.

You wish. Good burn, though.

Last edited:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the end, Big Navy will apologize to the good townsfolk of Berzerkly and the pilot will get a Non-Punitive Letter of Caution (even though he was abiding by FAA rules).