• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whomever (s)he is...I wanna put in for a NAM

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems based on the Internet comments that the average Berkelian is shocked to discover this thing called "the real world." What a bunch of maroons.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
In the interest of fairness, this happened in the middle of somewhere in CT a few years ago (not sure what their congressional representation flavor was) and similar freakouts occurred. But wow, it seems there is hatred for Berkeley that is on the order of hatred for our WWII enemies. Is it really the frothing, ironically bearded, and flannel-clad cesspool of communist enemies of the state that it is made out to be?

Also, this video/article seems to show it down to a minimum of about 2kft. I'm guessing that won't get anyone in trouble, but it is an oddity to hear a jet fly overhead in most towns, so someone might get some unwanted attention.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
That's awesome. I think this pilot just accomplished a lot of people's dream.

OscarMyers

None
In the interest of fairness, this happened in the middle of somewhere in CT a few years ago (not sure what their congressional representation flavor was) and similar freakouts occurred. But wow, it seems there is hatred for Berkeley that is on the order of hatred for our WWII enemies. Is it really the frothing, ironically bearded, and flannel-clad cesspool of communist enemies of the state that it is made out to be?

Also, this video/article seems to show it down to a minimum of about 2kft. I'm guessing that won't get anyone in trouble, but it is an oddity to hear a jet fly overhead in most towns, so someone might get some unwanted attention.

Any idea what flight tracker they were using in that video at the bottom of the article?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Military aircraft don't usually show up in flight tracker programs, so I presume it's some goober throwing some symbology on a Google map.

jmcquate

Contributor
Hey, I think that Berkeley is as much of a cesspool of lunacy as the next sane person, but dropping down to the mins over the Peoples Republic will get you unwanted media and command attention.............probably wasn't the smartest thing to do.