• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Besides if it was full I have everything completed so I will be in the first wave. That should give me time to resubmit a new degree plan and acceptance letter.

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Well according to earlier posts the first wave looks like it will be around the 15th, right near the deadline.
I've submitted my paperwork for 2 schools. One will take about 24 months, the other 36. I wonder which the Navy will send me to? :icon_wink

I can't wait to have orders in hand.

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
A good way to find out is to contact your ROTC Unit. I stopped by the ODU office while i was on campus and they already have me as a gain in May... OOooooh it gave me such a fuzzy warm feelin... :eek: my bad... i get excited about this... but yeah that's a good way to find out...

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
A good way to find out is to contact your ROTC Unit. I stopped by the ODU office while i was on campus and they already have me as a gain in May... OOooooh it gave me such a fuzzy warm feelin... :eek: my bad... i get excited about this... but yeah that's a good way to find out...

That's interesting! I'm going to ODU as well but I didn't think to contact the office and see if they have me listed a prospective gain in July/August (I'm going to BOOST before NSI so I won't be done in RI until July 18th). Too bad I'm underway so I have no way of getting in contact with them now :(

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor

I don't think the ODU (Hampton Roads) unit could ever be "Full" seems like they want to grow it as big as they can.

haubby

None
Contributor
I've been in contact w/ the ROTC unit at Iowa State on and off. The staff pretty much fielded all questions to the OC's. The couple OC's I've spoken to there have been pretty informative thus far but there is only so much I can do until I'm actually there. In my correspondence with Ed, I've learned there are only three of us wanting to go to ISU. Luckily my parents live a few hours away and are going to help me out by scoping the area out for possible rentals and what not. One less thing I'll be worrying about in BOOST/NSI.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Too bad I'm underway so I have no way of getting in contact with them now :(

If you can use this forum, you have a means of communications that can be leveraged to contact them if you don't have email that works.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
If you can use this forum, you have a means of communications that can be leveraged to contact them if you don't have email that works.

Good point! Any ODU OC's or MIDN's lurking on here that wouldn't mind checking at the Unit to see if I'm on the prospective gains list?

haubby

None
Contributor
Good point! Any ODU OC's or MIDN's lurking on here that wouldn't mind checking at the Unit to see if I'm on the prospective gains list?

The only way they would know if your a prospective gain is if they have orders for you. Which they don't. I'm sure the reason SuccessStory is on their list is because he's been in contact with the ROTC unit.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
The only way they would know if your a prospective gain is if they have orders for you. Which they don't. I'm sure the reason SuccessStory is on their list is because he's been in contact with the ROTC unit.

Being on the schools list doesn't mean much since the units aren't the ones deciding placement. But so far nobody has told any stories of anyone not getting their first choice. So just make sure Ed knows where you WANT to go and then wait for those orders.

LoneSailor

Why not call the unit yourself? I'm sure your ship has POTS line, depending on what part of the world you're located you might need to wake up in the middle of the night and call them. Go to Radio and use their POTS line.

Here's a phone number that I found on their NROTC page; (757) 683-4744.

Good luck.

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT

I know i don't post many things on here and I have a reason for that. I notice that alot of you guys read the post and just try to find a way to be either negative towards it, condescending, or just a plain ol' smart ass. No offense to anyone but i've waited since i joined the Navy to go on this journey that I'm about to start and I'd REALLY PREFER TO LEAVE THE
N U K E S behind. and by sayin that any nukes reading this know what I mean. It is not an accident that other people stereo type me just cause they find out I'm a nuke. Trust me, I know I'm nothing like the 90% of the rest of the people that i work with right now. So that being said, if i said that the civilian lady that was sitting at her desk on the second floor of the ODU Navy ROTC unit and the YNC that was sitting next to her the 1 and only time that I had ever been in there told me to hold on while they look in their folder to see if i was a prespective gain then thats what they did. And on top of that to give more detail they also said that welcome aboard letters or emails where sent out. :icon_smil

haubby

None
Contributor
I know i don't post many things on here and I have a reason for that. I notice that alot of you guys read the post and just try to find a way to be either negative towards it, condescending, or just a plain ol' smart ass. No offense to anyone but i've waited since i joined the Navy to go on this journey that I'm about to start and I'd REALLY PREFER TO LEAVE THE
N U K E S behind. and by sayin that any nukes reading this know what I mean. It is not an accident that other people stereo type me just cause they find out I'm a nuke. Trust me, I know I'm nothing like the 90% of the rest of the people that i work with right now. So that being said, if i said that the civilian lady that was sitting at her desk on the second floor of the ODU Navy ROTC unit and the YNC that was sitting next to her the 1 and only time that I had ever been in there told me to hold on while they look in their folder to see if i was a prespective gain then thats what they did. And on top of that to give more detail they also said that welcome aboard letters or emails where sent out. :icon_smil

I'm not sure how my post was read in condescending manner and if thats how you took it I apologize. Fact of the matter is how can they say your a prospective gain when no orders are written for you yet. Sure they know who you are and are planning on having you as a gain, but why would admin draft a welcome aboard letter and have the CO sign without having received your orders via message traffic or any other means?

There is no question in my mind that ODU plans on gaining you as an OC as I never refuted that. I know that I've been in contact with the ROTC unit I plan to join and are expecting me to report after NSI. I would expect others have done the same. Heck, before I transfered to my current command I was calling up the command to see what it was all about/what to expect.