• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who are moderators?

Brett1

Banned
Pretty much they do but they don't require us to know Steve Wilkins's version.

oh_snap.gif

Crowbar

None
Well, this is odd indeed because all of the reputation comments pretaining to one thread have all disappeared.

If a post/thread is deleted, the points remain (positive or negative) but the comments are gone. The "Universal Health Care" thread had some work done on it so the poll could be added. That's probably what you're talking about.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
If a post/thread is deleted, the points remain (positive or negative) but the comments are gone. The "Universal Health Care" thread had some work done on it so the poll could be added. That's probably what you're talking about.

Yes, it was. Thank you for answering my questions.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty much they do but they don't require us to know Steve Wilkins's version.
Nah, I can't take credit for having a version. I didn't write it. But I've done my best to try to understand its meaning through the eyes of the people who did. Con law books are great. I've read them too. But they too often neglect the deep historical perspective of this nation's beginnings. This is understandable given the nature of con law courses. But it doesn't make the history go away or void our responsibility to understand it.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Nah, I can't take credit for having a version. I didn't write it. But I've done my best to try to understand its meaning through the eyes of the people who did. Con law books are great. I've read them too. But they too often neglect the deep historical perspective of this nation's beginnings. This is understandable given the nature of con law courses. But it doesn't make the history go away or void our responsibility to understand it.

As in that other thread, there are numerous ways to interpret even the most simplest of sentences. However, the sentences in the Constitution are not simple due to the ramifications of the words and their meaning. I completely agree with you; a person has to understand the context of why the words were written and people have to also acknowledge that those words were written with a specific audience in mind.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
You seem pretty concerned about rep points Quagmire...as well you should be!

Rumor has it that whoever has the most when it's all said and done becomes the official king of the internet and will gain the special ability to not receive penis enlargement e-mails.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like mine better...
vw-ohsnap.gif

Who are the MODS?????

MODS.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
That's the first time I've ever seen those VW commercials with Peter Stormare, (aka Uli from Autobahn).....fvckin hilarious