• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which way is she spinning?

MPH

this is fake, the image inverts occasionally. im almost certain you don't make her spin one way or the other, but that she actually just changes legs when alternating dierections to make it seamless (nips don't lie...)

There's a .gif of this floating around. It's clearly an optical illusion.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Well we can now add another thing women are good for. Spinning shadow illusions. Whats that list up to now? 3 things?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I can only get her to go clockwise too. I must be an "ambi-turner". Now excuse me while I go take a cold shower...

MPH

I don't believe it. Look at which leg is up when she is spinning one way or the other.

:confused:

"She" is an optical illusion, so which leg is up is a matter of your perception of her rotational direction. Or vice versa.

If she is rotating clockwise, her right leg is up. If she is rotating CCW her left leg is up.

Click

Edit: My method for getting her to "switch" on the unassisted video is by focusing on the shadow of her foot. The shadow should be rotating the opposite direction of your perception of the figure, so focusing on the shadow before drawing your eyes up should allow you to switch the figures direction. Works for me.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

"She" is an optical illusion, so which leg is up is a matter of your perception of her rotational direction. Or vice versa.

If she is rotating clockwise, her right leg is up. If she is rotating CCW her left leg is up.

Click

Edit: My method for getting her to "switch" on the unassisted video is by focusing on the shadow of her foot. The shadow should be rotating the opposite direction of your perception of the figure, so focusing on the shadow before drawing your eyes up should allow you to switch the figures direction. Works for me.

Thanks for the link. Always happy to believe, someone's just got to convince me beyond reasonable doubt (and hey, I'm usually pretty reasonable...). That was weird; they were alternating constantly with the highlights done like that.

Also, after my second assertion, I took some print screen stills to see if I could force myself to see the illusion. Turns out there are a few different points where she looks like she could be either looking toward or away from you. So yes, it's all a matter of focus.

EDIT: So are we in agreement that the shadow is... wrong???

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot

Click

That did it for me! She keeps switching back and forth on me now. I had to go back and watch the gif as well as the original vid to make sure your attachment wasn't actually switching from CW to CCW and back.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Now that you've got it all figured out, one last one here for the "right in front of you face, but cant see it crowd"... Find "The Hidden Tiger"....

633944965_23d01d1cb1_o.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that you've got it all figured out, one last one here for the "right in front of you face, but cant see it crowd"... Find "The Hidden Tiger"....

That was too easy. BTW I got the girl to go both ways. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about this one?

-ea6bflyr ;)

Try to count the number of black dots on the image below...
0101.gif