• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which way is she spinning?

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
To switch back and forth quickly I just do this. If I recall something (like my old dog), she spins CCW. If I create something in my mind and picture it then she spins CW.

hmmmm surprisingly effective. I would never have thought to try.

MPH

EDIT: So are we in agreement that the shadow is... wrong???

Interestingly enough, I naturally see it as clockwise.

Lex posted this like 3-4 months ago and I did a hardcore/nerd analysis in his comments section. I basically opened the .gif in Adobe Imageready and determined for a variety of reasons that in fact the figure had the factual appearance of rotating CCW.

To summarize my comments:

There is a thin line that appears on the upper leg when the left leg reaches about the 2 o'clock position (from a CCW perspective). This line does not occur for the mirrored CW perspective.

Further, the shadows that appear in the image could only be created by a light source behind the figure. Accordingly, when the shadow of the extended foot appears, that leg is pointed AWAY from the viewer. In the case of the video and the .gif provided, CCW is the correct direction.

CAMike

None
Contributor
The post by MPH had it right. The shadow under the elevated foot will provide most accurate directional information. Althought at one point she does appear to approach "imbalance" along the longitudinal axis.

Is there a market for a contact lens HUD for strippers with a turn indicator (ball)? Somebody shoot me.