• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

Fallonflyr

pilot
I've always viewed the Emergency as a gimmick watch. It's very low power and will not trigger any of the autlomatic monitors, if they are still listening on 121.5. It's been out of production for a few years but Breitling is suppled to have a new version out in 2013 or 2014 with a prototype to be shown soon. It's going to use 406mhz vice 121.5.

The one he was wearing didn't do Steve Fossett any good.
Maybe a bear eat it.

jazzdude

Okay, so Bremont is really going to town on these custom aviator watches. They did a USN TPS School One ( http://www.bremont.com/limited_ALT1-Z.php ), the U-2 (for Huggy's guys), and now a C-17 job for the RAF folks that looks positively awesome.. I think it's worth revisiting this topic.

EDIT: Here's the C-17 Limited Edition http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150262099344005

I just ordered the C-17 Limited Edition- I'll have a review posted in about 2 months when I get the watch if anyone's interested

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I just ordered the C-17 Limited Edition- I'll have a review posted in about 2 months when I get the watch if anyone's interested

That's awesome. I'm itching for a Bremont as my dress watch later on. We shall see if it bumps Omega as my favs

Citation3

For anyone to cheap to pony up the $60K for the CONA astronaut watch.

Who here will be rocking this hunk of steel?

topgun.jpg

As a privileged partner of aviation, Breitling enjoys long-established associations with the greatest professionals and flight teams on the planet – including the prestigious TOPGUN flying school, the US Navy tactics instructor program. In a meeting held at the NAS Fallon, Nevada base, TOPGUN members unanimously decided to signal their exclusive cooperation with Breitling through the creation of a limited edition bearing their insignia. This Chronomat 44 chronograph, produced in a worldwide 500-piece limited edition and equipped with a 100% Breitling high-performance movement, features a blue dial in the US Navy colors carrying the authentic logo of the “United States Navy Fighter Weapons School” – the official TOPGUN name. The engraved caseback displays the same logo, accompanied by the limited-edition number. Part of the proceeds from the sale of this exceptional instrument will be donated to a charity selected by the TOPGUN cadre.

Citation3

Two of the best Special Edition Breitling watches ever produced. These two are going to be featured in an upcoming watch magazine article on Special Edition military watches. Look for them on news stands later this summer.

CSC_0109-1.jpg

CSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

CSC_0099.jpg

DSC_00322.jpg

jazzdude

Well, my Bremont came in the mail a few weeks ago, and I'm quite impressed. It's my first "nice" watch, and my gift to myself after my aircraft commander upgrade. The Z time and time zone bezel are awesome for the kind of flying I do. In the short time I've owned it, it has crossed all 24 time zones as well as crossed the equator- good times. Definitely a huge step up from my Citizen Skyhawk.

2.JPG3.JPG 1.JPG

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Well, my Bremont came in the mail a few weeks ago, and I'm quite impressed. It's my first "nice" watch, and my gift to myself after my aircraft commander upgrade. The Z time and time zone bezel are awesome for the kind of flying I do. In the short time I've owned it, it has crossed all 24 time zones as well as crossed the equator- good times. Definitely a huge step up from my Citizen Skyhawk.

Awesome watch man.

Renegade One

None
Okay, bros...no shit...where do I have to go, or who do I have to talk to in order to "get in line" for one of the Tomcat watches?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Definitely a huge step up from my Citizen Skyhawk.

While I have an inexplicable, burning lust for an Omega, I'm curious what makes the Bremont so much better that the Skyhawk. Neither one has a battery to replace, both have 2 timezones at a glance, and the Skyhawk has features like 2 alarms and date in multiple timezones that the Bremont lacks.

My TACCO and I have this debate every few flights or so. He owns 3 Breitlings and claims they are superior because they will outlast my Skyhawk. I always counter with "But I could by 15 Skyhawks for what 1 Breitling cost, and that's not counting all the $500 rebuilds you'll need over the years to keep it running."

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Okay, bros...no shit...where do I have to go, or who do I have to talk to in order to "get in line" for one of the Tomcat watches?
How about this one? It's an automatic movement versus quartz (i.e. a real watch). Limited addition of 500. I can pm you the name of a Breitling authorized dealer that might be able to get you one at a good price.

breitling-Chronomat44-TopGun-watch.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
My TACCO and I have this debate every few flights or so. He owns 3 Breitlings and claims they are superior because they will outlast my Skyhawk. I always counter with "But I could by 15 Skyhawks for what 1 Breitling cost, and that's not counting all the $500 rebuilds you'll need over the years to keep it running."
You have no taste. Remember, you should always listen to your TACCO.

jazzdude

While I have an inexplicable, burning lust for an Omega, I'm curious what makes the Bremont so much better that the Skyhawk. Neither one has a battery to replace, both have 2 timezones at a glance, and the Skyhawk has features like 2 alarms and date in multiple timezones that the Bremont lacks.

Well, it's got my airframe on it (which is the main reason I even considered shelling out the money for it). Aside from that, it more usable in the jet, as the hands are actually usable at night (My Skyhawk has no light, and the lume is very poor in comparison, making it unusable at night). Lastly, I'm a fan of the sweep second hand/automatic movement.
Most importantly, when you are TDY 220+ days a year as a single O-3, that per diem starts burning a hole in your pocket. As I mentioned earlier, I wanted something to commemorate my upgrade to a C-17 aircraft commander, and had my certification date engraved on the watch back. I also figured I'd get more use out of a watch that I'd wear on missions than a new TV that would just sit at home gathering dust.
I still like my Skyhawk, as it was a winging gift from my parents, and it will still get some use. But my Bremont will definitely be what is on my wrist for operational flying.
I considered Omegas, Breitlings, Rolex, etc, but wasn't ready to shell out that kind of money for a nice watch without some connection to either my squadron or airframe.