• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

Citation3

It is used and in mint condition. Original owner purchased in 2005. It was recently fully overhauled and under Omega warranty for the service work.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Sharp Montbrillant-that does a great job of walking the line between dressy and technical. And it has quite a few complications on it, too; very nice.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Thanks. They discontinued the Montbrilliant Olympus last year and last month they just came out with the Navitimer 1461. Basically the same watch but 46 mm diameter versus 42 mm on the Montbrilliant. I am very happy with mine but the bigger size would have been nice. But they have the exact same movement so I'll be staying with what I have.

Citation3

Can anyone here identify the squadron that this watch was produced for? Judging by the square intakes of the Hornet on the dial it is a Super Hornet squadron. I can't seem to find the logo/patch on the web. It is refered to as a ROSCOSMOS edition. That did not come up as anything as well.

Could anyone speak to the quality of the work regarding the Fortis watches? They seem to have stepped up their game regarding soliciting work lately.

Fortis.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Does anyone own a Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Watch?

I know it's not high end but I've heard it's a pretty solid functional everyday watch. Opinions or experience?

Watch.jpg

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I had the earlier version and liked it aside from 2 complaints:

1. No light. Luminous hands are weak at best, and you can't see the readout at all in the dark.

2. Alarm was very quiet. Would not wake me up.

Not sure if these have been fixed on this model (mine was from 2000 and not an ecodrive).

Whatever you do, don't get the gay ass Blue Angels version.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I had the earlier version and liked it aside from 2 complaints:

1. No light. Luminous hands are weak at best, and you can't see the readout at all in the dark.

2. Alarm was very quiet. Would not wake me up.

Not sure if these have been fixed on this model (mine was from 2000 and not an ecodrive).

I had an earlier version as well and I would echo these complaints 100%. Additionally, now that I have upgraded, I would say that the dial is a bit overcrowded making it hard to read sometimes.

Citation3

In the watch underworld the Citizens Skyhawk gets okay reviews. Use of functions is okay but it really takes a beating on readability.

That said, Harrier Dude is spot on regarding the Blue Angles Skyhawk. I use the wear one when I flew with the teams until my fellow pilots busted my balls for it.

Here is me back in the day flying the Slot position.:D

pilotman.jpg

The BA Skyhawk served me well until I spilled a Coke on it flying the Dirty Diamond formation.