• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Nice, but after “going through” them did they let you keep any?

No. I purchased one railroad pocket [an 18s 21j Bunn Special] from his collection. All of his watches, clocks, tools as well as his farm implement business, house and investments were sold…the monies were all split amongst his 10 neices and nephews.

His watches went to an auction house that specializes in vintage watches…that’s where they were sold. It’s sort of interesting…the highest value item from his watches ended up being a $1,400 vintage Rolex bracelet that I missed when I was going through his almost 1,400 watches. The bracelet had a $10 watch on it. I’m not a Rolex guy [especially not a vintage Rolex guy], so I’m not surprised I missed it…I was looking for vintage railroad pocket watches and vintage Speedmasters specifically, and I was definitely not looking for any bracelets, bands or straps.

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
This is one of the most epic pics on AW. Made my day!

Agreed! That pic would be a real hit over at Omega Forums. There was another U-2 guy over at Omega Forums a few years ago who would post Speedy pics from the pointy end…and everybody was digging it!