• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Yeah Cat was pretty recent, I imagine you were thinking of this @sevenhelmet ?
I think it was busy bee that had me mixed up- as I recall, he passed around the same time A4s stopped posting here, but I’ve been in and out of the forum myself over the years, so I may not even have those details remembered right.

Something about penguins, islands, and only so many fitting on the island at a time…

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The X-33 and my Polartech fleece keeping me company while I kept wishing the work fuel bowser to pump faster. It was a balmy 2*C by that time. At least our building pipes had unfrozen by then...

52584452163_d57c5f14ac_b.jpg

The crown on my X-33 just decided to stop working last night, I confirmed this by mashing the damn thing at least 50 times last night and this morning. It works otherwise but it is a small problem as I use the very loud alarm to help get my ass up in the morning but turn it off on the weekends so as to ensure my wife doesn't murder me.

Having just had it serviced it is a bit annoying to have to go Tysons Galleria or send it off to New Jersey for fixing.

P.S. My bezel is nowhere as shiny as that one, did you get it as part of the AW buy?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
P.S. My bezel is nowhere as shiny as that one, did you get it as part of the AW buy?

No, mine was purchased in 2002 with my squadron buy. That bezel has been polished during every service, so it's always come back looking great. That said, I've asked them to look at my crown the last two times and they haven't done anything both times. Mine works, but the pressure to activate it is significantly less than it used to be, so often times when I go to look at the date, it's on whatever timer is the next mode.

Mine has typically gone to Miami, I think. The last time I had it serviced, I dropped it off at the Fashion Valley Mall in SD last year. I'm not sure where it went that time, but they FedEx-ed it back to me in FL. Pretty nice service...even if they didn't address the crown.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
No, mine was purchased in 2002 with my squadron buy. That bezel has been polished during every service, so it's always come back looking great. That said, I've asked them to look at my crown the last two times and they haven't done anything both times. Mine works, but the pressure to activate it is significantly less than it used to be, so often times when I go to look at the date, it's on whatever timer is the next mode.

Mine has typically gone to Miami, I think. The last time I had it serviced, I dropped it off at the Fashion Valley Mall in SD last year. I'm not sure where it went that time, but they FedEx-ed it back to me in FL. Pretty nice service...even if they didn't address the crown.

If you asked them to address the crown and they didn't, I wouldn't consider that good service. That's what has me nervous about sending mine in... last time I went through Omega for a battery change it came back with a small fiber under the glass that floats around in there. Hasn't harmed anything, but it's the type of detail I'd like to see addressed on such an expensive watch.

I'm considering using Nesbit's in Seattle- they did an amazing job on my Moonwatch when I cracked the crystal a few years ago. Keeps excellent time (+2 seconds per day), and it's been consistent ever since then.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

My bezel has always been duller like the rest of the watch, like brushed nickel-ish. Never had a problem with the crown before other than pushing it accidentally when bending my wrist.

I am just going to mail mine off, I don't want to waste an hour going to and from the store just to drop it off and have them mail it off. I've always sent mine to NJ and it has worked, I'll just have to slum with my cheap G-Shock while it is off.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
…I paid $750 for servicing, plus parts, in 2017.

Hey, hey, hey…I can service/repair everyone’s watches for $5…I’m a [not-so-distinguished] graduate of the AWCI build-a-watch school…Class of 2018.

NOTE: The only reason I’m a not-so-distinguished graduate is because I dropped too many f-bombs during class…almost got attrited for dropping too many f-bombs!

Our daughter, Hannah, pictured on the right…

3844013C-0D9F-4452-BD23-C318FC4357AD.jpeg

…AND…if I can’t service/repair your watch, I’ll shoot it…FOR FREE…

596B0EBD-4F16-4C6F-AB36-985C86094A0A.jpeg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, hey, hey…I can service/repair everyone’s watches for $5…I’m a [not-so-distinguished] graduate of the AWCI build-a-watch school…Class of 2018.

NOTE: The only reason I’m a not-so-distinguished graduate is because I dropped too many f-bombs during class…almost got attrited for dropping too many f-bombs!

View attachment 37268

View attachment 37269
Reminds me of what I heard on Wake Island on a transpac RON. A CPO Seabee told the pilot of a stranded broke dick USAF F-4, "Sir, I can fix that Phantom for ya". "How you going to do that" replied the Capt. The Chief quickly answered, "I can blow it up or dig a hole and burry it."

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply

View attachment 37268

View attachment 37269
Are those desks super high, or are you kneeling on the floor?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

View attachment 37268

This is a real place? Did they have paint brushes and radium? I'm very amused right now.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If you asked them to address the crown and they didn't, I wouldn't consider that good service.

To be fair, I think the issue was the rep more than the service. I couldn't read his chicken scratch, but told me he was writing down the issue, but I don't think it was actually addressed.

That said, I did have the standard light doesn't work when you push the button problem that I sent in years ago and it came back not fixed. The Omega boutique person immediately apologized and took it back to ship it back and it was returned fixed very quickly.

I get what you're saying, but but I'm not sure the service is much worse than other parts of life...and the Omega service is considerably less expensive.