• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which Ride?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You joke, but I actually noticed that I started using some German ways of speaking English when I first came back. The adjustment back to real Navy life has been interesting.
Ich habe Deutsch für ungefähr fünf Jahren im Hauptschule und an die Uni studiert, and the one thing that I always remember is that in our last semester of German IV senior year in high school, there was no English allowed in the classroom. I'd go to my next class, and sometimes folks would look at me funny and be like "dude, stop speaking German!" I literally had no idea; it was like there was a subconscious switch that flipped in my head, and I was just talking. In the wrong language.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I just priced out a new Jeep JL Rubicon, $82K. GTFO of here with that price. As an old school Jeep guy (YJ) I'd rather spend that on a slightly used Ford Raptor. More utility and more off-road capability.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I just priced out a new Jeep JL Rubicon, $82K. GTFO of here with that price. As an old school Jeep guy (YJ) I'd rather spend that on a slightly used Ford Raptor. More utility and more off-road capability.
80k for a jeep is insane. 80k for any Chrysler or whatever the company is called now is insane. The vast majority of Jeep bros driving around in the city with their jacked up knobby tire roof rack with shovels and empty gas can JEEEEEPS are deserving ridicule.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I love all the designer 4WD trucks and SUVs out in these parts, fully outfitted for overlanding, not a scratch or speck of dirt on any of them. I'm sure they make great Instagram posts in nature like settings though, and they look hawt on I-5/traffic jams.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
80k for a jeep is insane. 80k for any Chrysler or whatever the company is called now is insane. The vast majority of Jeep bros driving around in the city with their jacked up knobby tire roof rack with shovels and empty gas can JEEEEEPS are deserving ridicule.
DC is full of them. Two on my block alone...neither has seen so much as a dusty road.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
My Jeep from Koons Tyson’s was about $37k brand new all-in, including a modest Mopar warranty. And yes I have taken it into the PW County mud at least 2-3 times a year. Sadly not often enough.

Pags

N/A
pilot
That's truly insane for a jeep. At the end of the day while they're a fun car they're not the most comfortable car to drive for every day driving. They're certainly great for off-roading but who wants to smack a tree with an 80k jeep? That's like off roading in a Porsche.

A friend of mine got into off roading and although he first got a jeep he eventually ended up getting a 2000 Cherokee to bash around WV.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
JFC. I mean they are nice, but not that nice. People are insane

Yes, and as long as people keep buying them dealers/manufacturers will keep increasing the price.

Have you looked at a new truck lately? The top end Dodge TRX is $100k, for a 4wd, 750hp pick-up truck that will never see a dirt road or a dragstrip. People are truly insane.