• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

when is the april board meeting?

Stretch32

I hope so but it would stand to reason that the recruiter should know which board the results came from. I really felt I had a good shot at SNA so if his info is wrong then that could benefit me. I don't want to call and question his info because afterall I'm merely another guy off the street trying to get in (what do I know?). I'd like to get to the bottom of this if this is in fact an issue. Anybody else have any feedback on this subject?

Stretch

zacharyj53

I hope so but it would stand to reason that the recruiter should know which board the results came from. I really felt I had a good shot at SNA so if his info is wrong then that could benefit me. I don't want to call and question his info because afterall I'm merely another guy off the street trying to get in (what do I know?). I'd like to get to the bottom of this if this is in fact an issue. Anybody else have any feedback on this subject?

Stretch

Hell I called my recruiter as soon as I saw all of this posted. Of course I was stationed with him for a few years so I didn't think he would mind.;)

Stretch32

I've got a friend at NRD Jax Officer recruiting. Unfourtunately he's not my recruiter but he is the officer in charge of officer programs (met him a few years ago prior to him getting into recruiting). I'll try to catch him tonight/tomorrow and see if he can help out with the question. He did tell me they have no up to date schedules for Board Meeting Dates so they don't even know when it meets for April. It does seem odd that my recruiter would tell me I'm not selected based on last months results though if thatys what happened. I really don't know.

Stretch

zacharyj53

I've got a friend at NRD Jax Officer recruiting. Unfourtunately he's not my recruiter but he is the officer in charge of officer programs (met him a few years ago prior to him getting into recruiting). I'll try to catch him tonight/tomorrow and see if he can help out with the question. He did tell me they have no up to date schedules for Board Meeting Dates so they don't even know when it meets for April. It does seem odd that my recruiter would tell me I'm not selected based on last months results though if thatys what happened. I really don't know.

Stretch

See that is exactly what my recruiter first said that there were no varifed dates for this month. He then picked up the phone and called the Lt. Cmdr who signs off on the board results. The Lt. Cmdr informed him they would meet this Thursday. I just can't see him making something up like that not to mention I was sitting right beside him when he made the call. We then looked at the March board results that had come out trying to gauge the % of Pro Recs for SNA.

Stretch32

Well, maybe I should suggest to my friend to give this guy a call and get solid info. I wonder if there is a pre-screen that weeds out guys they don't feel are competitive. Maybe something like that happened and I got booted. I really don't know how the system works. I guess I can question my recruiter and risk insulting him lol :)

Stretch

zacharyj53

Well, maybe I should suggest to my friend to give this guy a call and get solid info. I wonder if there is a pre-screen that weeds out guys they don't feel are competitive. Maybe something like that happened and I got booted. I really don't know how the system works. I guess I can question my recruiter and risk insulting him lol :)

Stretch

I wouldn't got that far because I could be wrong. What I would do would call him to see if he can call up to the board and ask around to see what you might need to work on and when the next board will meet. Try a different approach or just let him know you are getting conflicting info from a friend of yours.

Stretch32

Just called my friend at NRD and left him a message. I left him a message to let him know I was seeing conflicting info and was curious as to what was accurate. Hopefully I don't offend anybody lol. I guess I'll hear from him later on. I'm going to assume the info they gave was accurate and prepare to resubmit my package next month.

Stretch

zacharyj53

Just called my friend at NRD and left him a message. I left him a message to let him know I was seeing conflicting info and was curious as to what was accurate. Hopefully I don't offend anybody lol. I guess I'll hear from him later on. I'm going to assume the info they gave was accurate and prepare to resubmit my package next month.

Stretch

Cool...Let me know what you figure out.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
I am trying to remember 10 years ago when I went throught this so i suppose telling everyone to relax won't help, so i won't.

I would just like everyone to realize how things work.

The monthly board meets sometime in the month; yea, rocket science, I know. The results, however, may not come out for days or even weeks, so the board in March may meet late and the results not come out till April and meanwhile the April board may meet early or they may have two boards in the month (rare but could happen).

We usually know when they meet but sometimes they forget to call the recruiters about this important stuff. I try not to call the board types and ask because everybody else is asking and I heard that if your recruiter calls them, then they take points off of your package. (not really)

I am sure this is not helping much, but the moral of the story, if any, is to keep asking if youj got picked up, but stop stressing over when the boards are actually being held. You are young, dang it, go have fun because some day you will be driving a desk and have diapers to change at night and taxes to prepare, important old person crap and less energy to do it all.

Why when I was your age, we didn't have Airwarriors! We had a game called chew the bark off the tree. Our gums bled and our teeth hurt but we liked it dang-it, we LIKED it!

Anyway, try to relax.

R/

Steve

zacharyj53

Thanks for the words Steve. I am not really stressing over when the board is going to be just letting others know what I was told.

kevoGTO

SNA select OCS 8Sept07, ProRec SNA 26Jan09
It appears the board has already met. My recruiter informed me of the results this moring, Mon. April 16th. I didn't get selected for SNA unfourtunately. I'll try again next month.Stretch

I applied for the March board on Feb 28th, and just got an answer last Friday morning. Sounds like you were getting results back from the March board. If you didn't intend to apply for the March board, your app may have simply arrived a little early and gotten thrown in with the rest of the (late) pack from March. Don't sweat it; send your app back in and keep after it.

guim13

I spoke with my recruiter today, and he told me there was a board on the 3rd of april, and their is another one scheduled for this month.

stgc

April PILOT and NFO BOARDS

Hello All,

Yes you are all correct. We held a board on 06APR2007 and some of you got board results from that board. We are also holding a board on the 21st of April, this is the board that is scheduled for the 15th. So some of you will also get the board results a week after that. This is from the horses mouth. Look forward to many of your packages coming across my desk. Tell all your smart friends, we are looking for many NFO's and SWO's. So get them in ASAP.

V/R
STGC
Program Manager, PILOT and NFO
Navy Recruiting Command

millerjd

Stayin' alive
Hello All,

Yes you are all correct. We held a board on 06APR2007 and some of you got board results from that board. We are also holding a board on the 21st of April, this is the board that is scheduled for the 15th. So some of you will also get the board results a week after that. This is from the horses mouth. Look forward to many of your packages coming across my desk. Tell all your smart friends, we are looking for many NFO's and SWO's. So get them in ASAP.

V/R
STGC
Program Manager, PILOT and NFO
Navy Recruiting Command

Thanks for the reply, and welcome to the forum! Puts some minds at ease with all the mixed info.

Not sure if you have the time, but I know a lot of people here are curious what is like to work there, how many applicants you see, how long each applicant is looked at, anything in particular interesting about your job without revealing trade secrets. I think we end up seeing CNRC sometimes as a black box - input data, output results.