• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats everybodies Opion?-Where to go to Primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance

In your opinion where is the best place to go to Primary?
If you got the time can you give reasons to support your opinion?

Don't have to have long answers, would just like a little feed back.
Thanks Everybody.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I went to Corpus because I was tired of Pcola and I'm from Texas. I'd heard the course rules in Corpus are easier, but I really don't know for sure, as I've never done the Whiting ones. So far I've really enjoyed it here and have no regrets.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I went to Corpus it was a nice break between Pcola time but time to train sucked. In the long run it doesnt matter much though.

kray1395

Just started at Whiting. I didn't think I had a choice on where to go being married and all. Some have said that I still had a choice anyways, but if given one, I would have stayed here at Whiting. Of course, I heard all of the rumors about the course rules being crazy and that Corpus was much easier. Honestly, having seen the course rules, Patmack is right. If you can't figure them out, you might be in the wrong business. There is no reason that anyone shouldn't be able to figure out the course rules here. So, as far as I was concerned, that was the only reason I heard from anyone on why to pick Corpus over Whiting. I think it all really comes down to where you would enjoy living more.... Texas or Florida. All other factors are basically unimportant.

I don't think we even need to go into why you should pick Whiting or Corpus over Vance and Moody. If you want to know, just do a search on Vance and Moody.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I picked Corpus for several reasons.

1. I'm from TEXAS.
2. Better Hunting in Tx. (fishing isn't bad but better fishing in Fl)
3. We don't mind moving, and want to be stationed in as many different places as we can

If I had it to do over again, I'd still pick Corpus.

KBayDog

Whiting.

1. One less move. (Would have loved to move again if I were single, but PCSing with a spouse is a lot more complicated.)
2. Hope to wind up at South Field.
3. Love Wal-Mart.
4. Wife is going to grad school to be more edumicated than me.
5. Heard that you have a better percentage of getting jets out of Whiting.
6. Hope to lat move to PAO after my NASA tour, and before I become a chaplain.
7. Hate Texas and everybody from Texas.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
I chose Corpus, because I needed to break in the suspension on my car...the roads in Pensacola are way too smooth and in good repair for that.

Reactions: E5B

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Whiting was good to go. Milton sucked a$$ though.

Like Corpus better as a town (than Milton).

In the end, doesn't really matter. I'd take either one over Air Force training, but that's just me (not trying to turn this into one of those AF vs. Navy threads - both are good).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was a Whiting guy. Glad I was. Had a lot of fun flying in the Pensacola area.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
[threadjack]
I thought the only course rules that REALLY mattered were these:

1. 90degree cart rule
2. Stay off the fescue
3. 50 yards from the green
4. tip the beer lady

[/threadjack]

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
fc2spyguy said:
[threadjack]
I thought the only course rules that REALLY mattered were these:

1. 90degree cart rule
2. Stay off the fescue
3. 50 yards from the green
4. tip the beer lady

[/threadjack]

You just gave me an excuse to use this. Thanks!

hijacklive.jpg

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
having lived in both corpus and pensacola... i would recommend whiting.. but live in pensacola. though now that the beach is closed due to the hurricane... hmm..

lance

Thanks for all the feed back so far. Seems like no matter where you guys went, you enjoyed yourselves---Thats the main idea anyway right!

Status
Not open for further replies.