• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What would you be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyGirl

Well they can be faster than say a glider or typical hot air ballon...almost as fast as some smaller airplanes once in the air on cruise speed(pipers and Cessna's) with a tail wind. Of course a ballon is smoother and allows airflow around it much more easily than other objects. :) And like you I was pretty surprised to find this out...but with all the improvements in technology they have even advanced the Bud Blimp and Goodyear Blimp!! (better fabric, better combo of gases, better little propellers and engines.)

I will say that after September 11th....that is now the ONLY way to see the games from above! Pilots are restricted from open crowds..mainly stadiums. And that would be a much better view than even club seats can provide!! :)

grouch

Ski, I caught it and loved it. There is definately something to be said with that level of thought for the pilot's ride. Great lover. Oh and on the blimp thing, get off her ass! Some of those little bastards can hit seventy knts! Patmack, my little ragwing ass-dragger has class. Not something typical like an F16 or a camaro. Put that in your ear.

Valion310

This may be A-typical ... I would probably be a Hornet ... I'm fast, "I'm a sexy-mon .. sexy-mon", sometimes gotta drop a "heavy load"
icon_smile_wink.gif
and now fun would it be to be strapped to a catapult and thrown off the front of a boat.... (I guess the non-skid would make some really bad rug burns huh?)

If you wanna be hung, why not be a B-52? Or is that for the brothers only?

Valion310 - 3 Star Vice Bioch of AW

Rainman

pilot
okay. . how about this one:

Originally posted by FlyGirl
I will say that after September 11th....that is now the ONLY way to see the games from above! Pilots are restricted from open crowds..mainly stadiums. And that would be a much better view than even club seats can provide!! :)

As of Sept 27th, only sporting events of more than 30,000 apply to new NOTAM (so you Texas Tech fans MAY be safe[:D]) and . . ..if you'd like to watch the game from your dirigible, Cessna, or Aviat, you can now get a waiver online @ www.faa.gov.. . assuming you can pass a security check.

FlyGirl

Hey Ski3...yes you want an aircraft that let's the pilot enjoy the ride. (ie. easier to handle as far as controls, etc.) I'm not going to far with that, but the analogy is there. ;)

grouch

Ski, I think she is refering to ergonomics. You know, everything where it is supposed to be. Laid out in a proper mannor. Things like that.

ghost_ttu

Why are you guys taking this beautiful analogy that gave me a great image of a nice beautiful plane and RUINING IT!!!!!!!

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Paper airplane cuz all you need is your hand. To make it fly, I mean.

JTP

I'd be an ATR-72, what damn good looking plane.

Kidding. I'd be the Vought F4U Corsair "Whistling Death". In its hay day it could outrun, outpower, and outfight any damn Zero that came its way. That will be my attitude when we are all competing for that F/A-18 E/F slot, or atleast to a certain degree. Just the thought of the sound coming from the 18 cylinder engine gives me chills. Damn.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.