• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

exNavyOffRec

Just looking for some input about how good my chances are for Pilot/NFO.

Prior service: Current ETN1 (SW/IW/AW)
Last three Evals: EP, P(welcome aboard P), EP transfer eval
GPA: 3.52
Degree: BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Excelsior College
Interviews: O-6, O-6, O-4
LOR: O-6, O-5(Retired)
ASTB: 59 OAR, 8/8/8
ok, how did an ETN get an IW pin?

Lewandean

At a glance, how competitive are my stats?
Applying for SWO.

BS in Earth Science from OSU.
OAR: 70
GPA: 2.8

Thanks!

MockingbirdT

Hello,
Long time lurker first time poster.

I wanted to see I might be able to get any input into how competitive my application might be. I am applying for SNA. I'm hoping to get into board projected later this year based on previous board schedules.
B.S International Affairs Florida State U.
2.98 GPA
OAR/ASTB
47 6/8/7
Private Pilots License
Instrument Rating
160 hrs. Total Flight time
Civil Air Patrol
Varsity Tennis (even matter?)
LOR: Former AirForce Pilot - Owner of my flight school - Former Navy E-5 , Retired DEA Agent

Also, I am not really thrilled about the 47 OAR score. Does anyone know if its possible to just retake the OAR portion of the test? Or would I need to retake the entire ASTB again as well If I wanted to try and increase my OAR score? Thank you!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello,
Long time lurker first time poster.

I wanted to see I might be able to get any input into how competitive my application might be. I am applying for SNA. I'm hoping to get into board projected later this year based on previous board schedules.
B.S International Affairs Florida State U.
2.98 GPA
OAR/ASTB
47 6/8/7
Private Pilots License
Instrument Rating
160 hrs. Total Flight time
Civil Air Patrol
Varsity Tennis (even matter?)
LOR: Former AirForce Pilot - Owner of my flight school - Former Navy E-5 , Retired DEA Agent

Also, I am not really thrilled about the 47 OAR score. Does anyone know if its possible to just retake the OAR portion of the test? Or would I need to retake the entire ASTB again as well If I wanted to try and increase my OAR score? Thank you!

No you can’t and your scores should be fine. The ASTB subsections are what’s key.

AmazingVibes

Hello, I'm a long time lurker applying for SWO boards convening in mid-August.
How competitive are my stats?

BA in Public Policy from Rutgers Univ.
OAR: 51
GPA: 3.01
LORs: Prior USN O-3, Active USA O-2, Active USAF O-2, Congressman
Civilian Career in Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, & Public Policy for a global electronics company
No military service
Civil Air Patrol: Cadet Lieutenant Colonel
University Rowing team

Thank you

sldm992

Going for Intel pretty soon. Took me about 7 months to get medically cleared, but I'm finally going to MEPS in two days. OAR is scheduled in a couple weeks.

20 yrs old (will be 21 at time of OCS if accepted)
BS Global Security and Intelligence Studies (Embry-Riddle)
Minor in Arabic + Middle East Studies (2 years of arabic language included)
GPA 3.09
Internship in congress for national security policy (4 months)
Internship at police department for investigations intern ( I worked on intel analysis, gang analysis/tracking, narcotics tracking) (7 months)
12+ Letters of rec, including a retired US Navy Captain, a current US Navy Lieutenant (Intel officer), and sitting US congressman
Also study abroad in Israel for counter-terrorism

Any ideas how I might do? I know it's hard to tell without an OAR score, thanks!

exNavyOffRec

Going for Intel pretty soon. Took me about 7 months to get medically cleared, but I'm finally going to MEPS in two days. OAR is scheduled in a couple weeks.

GPA 3.09
Internship at police department for investigations intern ( I worked on intel analysis, gang analysis/tracking, narcotics tracking) (7 months)
12+ Letters of rec, including a retired US Navy Captain, a current US Navy Lieutenant (Intel officer), and sitting US congressman

Any ideas how I might do? I know it's hard to tell without an OAR score, thanks!

Well, your GPA is about .4 below the average of those typically selected, you also have a non-tech degree.

If those people that wrote you letters of rec don't personally know you and aren't able to talk about what they directly saw you do then they won't do too much good.

sldm992

Well, your GPA is about .4 below the average of those typically selected, you also have a non-tech degree.

If those people that wrote you letters of rec don't personally know you and aren't able to talk about what they directly saw you do then they won't do too much good.

They all know me professionally from work, internships, different organizations that i've been in/had positions in, and then professors of course. My major focuses on intelligence gathering and analysis. I know it might sound weird, but that's what we do for class.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot

shun-the-nonbeliever.jpg

exNavyOffRec

They all know me professionally from work, internships, different organizations that i've been in/had positions in, and then professors of course. My major focuses on intelligence gathering and analysis. I know it might sound weird, but that's what we do for class.

That will help if they get to read them, they take just a few minutes on the initial cuts and your GPA is low, you should look at SWO as well.

AULANI

GPA 3.09

That's probably 9 letters of rec too many.
GPA is really low.
You want to be a US Naval Intel Officer but decided to study in Israel... ok, have fun explaining that to the investigator.

The only thing you can do now is kill it on the OAR and hope for the best. Good luck!