• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

delliott

Thanks! Also, does anyone here know what percentage of applicants got accepted by SWO boards in 2018 and so far in 2019?

Chippewa19

Puts the cart before the horse
Hello,
Long time lurker first time poster.

I wanted to see I might be able to get any input into how competitive my application might be. I am applying for SNA. I'm hoping to get into board projected later this year based on previous board schedules.
B.S International Affairs Florida State U.
2.98 GPA
OAR/ASTB
47 6/8/7
Private Pilots License
Instrument Rating
160 hrs. Total Flight time
Civil Air Patrol
Varsity Tennis (even matter?)
LOR: Former AirForce Pilot - Owner of my flight school - Former Navy E-5 , Retired DEA Agent

Also, I am not really thrilled about the 47 OAR score. Does anyone know if its possible to just retake the OAR portion of the test? Or would I need to retake the entire ASTB again as well If I wanted to try and increase my OAR score? Thank you!

I'm assuming you're prior enlisted?

Chippewa19

Puts the cart before the horse
I guess the corollary to this is; how likely are they to change the age limit again in the next three years?

NCCGT

Hello,
First time poster just looking for any feedback on improving my package before submitting (Oct 18) for the December 2019 board. Just took the OAR today btw.

I am applying for CW and Intel (might consider SWO-IW if not picked up first time). I realize Intel is a long shot.

Prior Enlisted (CTI2, honorable discharge July 2015, 5 years 10 months of service)
Evals: EP or MP
PRT Scores: Excellent and above
Last DLPT 2+/2+
International MBA, University of South Carolina, 3.7 GPA (Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics)
MS Sports Administration, AMU, 4.0 GPA
BS Sport Science, University of Kansas, 2.7 GPA
AA Russian Language, DLI, 3.5 GPA
OAR 52
ASVAB 93
Working on setting up LORs and Interviews with former CTR colleague who is now LT (Crypto)
LOR: (Hopefully) Vice Admiral (CW) along with another O-6 or O-5 and maybe more if needed

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

jhaselti

Hello,

I just started the process a few days ago after hearing about the age limit increases so heres my info:

No prior military
Just graduated(july 25) with Bachelors of Applied Science in Information Technology with concentration in cyber-security with a 4.0. I would also like to go on to a masters program within the next few years as well. However, i had past schooling such as in 2004 ended with 2.11 gpa, in 2011 i got an associates with a 3.45 and then the recent 4.0 making a cumultive 3.17 ish GPA. Do they take recent ones into account moreso than ones 15 years ago? It should show that i am much more mature now.
I havent taken OAR yet, but early practice test shows i should do well, i just need to refresh memory with things i havent done in over a decade.
I last got a 93 on asvab in 2011 so that might help with indication to possible OAR score.

I have work experience as a mid level Network Support Engineer and Technical Account Manager at Hewlett Packard which includes some leadership/mentor roles. I also have an active CCNA, and half way done studying for my planned completion of CompTIA Security + cert at the end of august(might be pushed back a few weeks for OAR studying). CISSP , CeH, and CISM are also on my list once i get the required experience on the security side.

I would like to get into CW or IP, what do you think my chances are for each?

Polcat

Good Afternoon,

I have been following this forum for the past couple of months, but recently joined and did not want to start a new thread just for this. I have been working with my OR and been reading the NPC PA's religiously. I have searched the forums for this specific question and asked my OR and I have not been able to find what I am looking for and my OR is giving me conflicting information to what semi-related information is out there.

Short Background: I just turned 34yo in July. I will graduate with a BS in May 2020. I am a prior service Veteran of 8 years with the Air Force as a fuels/logistics/supply troop.

Information I have found: the June 2019 PA for SWO age states 32. My OR said that 35 was the limit. I directed my OR (not in a condescending manner of course) to the new PA as he was unaware of the updated one and once he found it, he still stated it was 35yo which I do not see anywhere in the PA. For supply officer, which is the career field I feel like I am best qualified for, it states that as long as I can commission prior to my 35th birthday, I am eligible.

The Problem: This is where confusion for me sets in and I don't want to waste my OR's time or my own. Because I will not graduate until May 2020 and I turn 35yo in July 2020, I will not meet the requirement for Supply because I will not be able to be commissioned prior to my 35th birthday. However, my OR stated that there is an exception to everything and with my "supply" background, he thinks that being commissioned a couple weeks past my 35th birthday is not a deal breaker and could possibly be allowed.

My Question: I know I have answered my own question already because it states it in black and white in the PA; however, I am going to ask the question anyway. Is it possible that if I am going to miss the age deadline by a few weeks (saying I even get into OCS quickly after graduating), I would get selected anyway? Can the 35yo age requirement be waived in any sort of way? Am I SOL?

Thank you,

-Matt

BroskiOCS

I will not meet the requirement for Supply because I will not be able to be commissioned prior to my 35th birthday.
I can't speak directly on the age factor but I know Supply is pretty strict with their PA. I would also be concerned with your prior time in service. Do you have 8 years of service exactly or more? Back when I was attempting to go Supply I was denied a waiver because I had too many years of prior service. It used to be no more than 6 years of active service now it's 8. Definitely something to think about.

Polcat

I can't speak directly on the age factor but I know Supply is pretty strict with their PA. I would also be concerned with your prior time in service. Do you have 8 years of service exactly or more? Back when I was attempting to go Supply I was denied a waiver because I had too many years of prior service. It used to be no more than 6 years of active service now it's 8. Definitely something to think about.

@BroskiOCS thank you for your response. To give an accurate answer, I was in for 7 years and 6 months. I understand that the PA is the guidance that the OR's go off of, but what I do not understand is the tools that the OR's have that would waiver what the PA states.

AULANI

@Polcat The thing is, for every person that needs a waiver there are 100 people applying for that same spot that don't need a waiver. Good luck either way.

@NCCGT For Intel I would say your OAR score is ok but your degrees are lacking. I can't speak for CW. Good luck though.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good Afternoon,

I have been following this forum for the past couple of months, but recently joined and did not want to start a new thread just for this. I have been working with my OR and been reading the NPC PA's religiously. I have searched the forums for this specific question and asked my OR and I have not been able to find what I am looking for and my OR is giving me conflicting information to what semi-related information is out there.

Short Background: I just turned 34yo in July. I will graduate with a BS in May 2020. I am a prior service Veteran of 8 years with the Air Force as a fuels/logistics/supply troop.

Information I have found: the June 2019 PA for SWO age states 32. My OR said that 35 was the limit. I directed my OR (not in a condescending manner of course) to the new PA as he was unaware of the updated one and once he found it, he still stated it was 35yo which I do not see anywhere in the PA. For supply officer, which is the career field I feel like I am best qualified for, it states that as long as I can commission prior to my 35th birthday, I am eligible.

The Problem: This is where confusion for me sets in and I don't want to waste my OR's time or my own. Because I will not graduate until May 2020 and I turn 35yo in July 2020, I will not meet the requirement for Supply because I will not be able to be commissioned prior to my 35th birthday. However, my OR stated that there is an exception to everything and with my "supply" background, he thinks that being commissioned a couple weeks past my 35th birthday is not a deal breaker and could possibly be allowed.

My Question: I know I have answered my own question already because it states it in black and white in the PA; however, I am going to ask the question anyway. Is it possible that if I am going to miss the age deadline by a few weeks (saying I even get into OCS quickly after graduating), I would get selected anyway? Can the 35yo age requirement be waived in any sort of way? Am I SOL?

Thank you,

-Matt

Short answer: No. The supply community is already bending the limits with "up to 35", they're not going to adjust any more.