• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
Active AT2
BS in Criminology
2.7 GPA (yea I know)
ASTB: 56 7/8/8
appraisials are straight 10's from an O6 and two O4's
great evals with great remarks
2 year 2nd class
Going out for Pilot/NFO/AMDO

heres to hoping my GPA doesn't kill me on this

Active AT2
BS in Criminology
2.7 GPA (yea I know)
ASTB: 56 7/8/8
appraisials are straight 10's from an O6 and two O4's
great evals with great remarks
2 year 2nd class
Going out for Pilot/NFO/AMDO

heres to hoping my GPA doesn't kill me on this

Current minimums are 2.0 for AMDO, 2.5 for Pilot/NFO (truth has a date/time stamp), but it seems like the more limited a field is, the more competitive you have to be. I have not seen anyone picked up very close to the minimums, but it goes back to the "whole person" concept. 3.15 and 3.25 are the competitive GPAs for those fields, respectively.

exNavyOffRec

Current minimums are 2.0 for AMDO, 2.5 for Pilot/NFO (truth has a date/time stamp), but it seems like the more limited a field is, the more competitive you have to be. I have not seen anyone picked up very close to the minimums, but it goes back to the "whole person" concept. 3.15 and 3.25 are the competitive GPAs for those fields, respectively.

"whole person concept" for Pilot and NFO, funny guy......

competitive =/= average of those selected, it is just a point at which a person is likely to be considered.

Cynthia713

Hello everyone,
I am fairly new and need some helpful advice!! Any advice is very much appreciated. I am trying to get into Supply as my first choice and SWO as my second choice. So just a bit about myself:
Undergrad: BS in Interdisciplinary Studies, 3.65 GPA
Grad: MBA, 3.9 GPA
OAR: 40 (I only had a week to study!)
I am waiting on MEPS; I was diagnosed with a hyperthyroid problem in 2010 but haven't taken any medication since like 2011, 2012(?). I was informed that I needed a letter from my doc that I am fit for military and so I was able to obtain that. I had LASIK eye surgery in 2011 and I submitted that information and my well woman's exam. So just waiting on MEPS.
I had 3 letters of recommendation from my employer: 2 directors and a coworker (USCG-officer). Will this be ok or should I get one from one of my professors? I am not sure if it will help or what will make my package better.
In 2014, I was charged with a DWI but never convicted. I am going to get it dismissed on June 3rd. I live with this consequence everyday and I have to wait 2 years to get it expunged. I only had 2 drinks (wasn't drunk) but you know, just have to live with it!
I just turned 26 last month and I am driven and committed to doing what I can to get in Supply. I have to wait til June 3rd to get the letter of dismissal so if I get my stuff taken care of with MEPS, will submit my package on June 3rd.
I am the sole provider for my 5 year old daughter so my parents agreed to take care of her in the time I am away (if accepted). I will not give up but am very very worried because of the items mentioned above.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!!

exNavyOffRec

Hello everyone,
I am fairly new and need some helpful advice!! Any advice is very much appreciated. I am trying to get into Supply as my first choice and SWO as my second choice. So just a bit about myself:
I am waiting on MEPS; I was diagnosed with a hyperthyroid problem in 2010 but haven't taken any medication since like 2011, 2012(?). I was informed that I needed a letter from my doc that I am fit for military and so I was able to obtain that. I had LASIK eye surgery in 2011 and I submitted that information and my well woman's exam. So just waiting on MEPS.
I had 3 letters of recommendation from my employer: 2 directors and a coworker (USCG-officer). Will this be ok or should I get one from one of my professors? I am not sure if it will help or what will make my package better.
In 2014, I was charged with a DWI but never convicted. I am going to get it dismissed on June 3rd. I live with this consequence everyday and I have to wait 2 years to get it expunged. I only had 2 drinks (wasn't drunk) but you know, just have to live with it!
I just turned 26 last month and I am driven and committed to doing what I can to get in Supply. I have to wait til June 3rd to get the letter of dismissal so if I get my stuff taken care of with MEPS, will submit my package on June 3rd.
I am the sole provider for my 5 year old daughter so my parents agreed to take care of her in the time I am away (if accepted). I will not give up but am very very worried because of the items mentioned above.

your OAR is below the minimum for SWO

Is you DUI getting dismissed due to an agreement or diversion or some other reason?

Cynthia713

If I cannot get into Supply, I am going to retest and try for SWO (which now I have more time to study).

Yes, because I had no prior criminal record, I was in this 1 year program where if I didn't get into any "trouble" it will get dismissed. I haven't gotten any traffic tickets or even had a drink since it happened so I just have to go to court next week and get my dismissal paper. Typical DWI, you are basically charged and convicted and have that conviction on your record (even after you complete the probation). With me, I am charged but successful completion of the program prompts the dismissal so on my record it shows "charged" but not convicted.

exNavyOffRec

If I cannot get into Supply, I am going to retest and try for SWO (which now I have more time to study).

Yes, because I had no prior criminal record, I was in this 1 year program where if I didn't get into any "trouble" it will get dismissed. I haven't gotten any traffic tickets or even had a drink since it happened so I just have to go to court next week and get my dismissal paper. Typical DWI, you are basically charged and convicted and have that conviction on your record (even after you complete the probation). With me, I am charged but successful completion of the program prompts the dismissal so on my record it shows "charged" but not convicted.

because this is the US gov't you will have to disclose and per the recruiting manual go through the same waiver process as if you were convicted.

This is a bit of a vague question, but I'm a math major with a 3.5 GPA, and no sports but during the semester I work about 15 hours a week as a math tutor (with my title being 'Lead Walk-In Tutor', and in this summer I'm doing undergraduate math research at an Ivy. Basically I'm unsure if this is providing me with the leadership experience they want to see. The problem is my job as a tutor along with my classes take up so much time that I'm not sure how I can add a leadership position to my profile.

Also, I would be applying to OCS as an aviator.

exNavyOffRec

This is a bit of a vague question, but I'm a math major with a 3.5 GPA, and no sports but during the semester I work about 15 hours a week as a math tutor (with my title being 'Lead Walk-In Tutor', and in this summer I'm doing undergraduate math research at an Ivy. Basically I'm unsure if this is providing me with the leadership experience they want to see. The problem is my job as a tutor along with my classes take up so much time that I'm not sure how I can add a leadership position to my profile.

Also, I would be applying to OCS as an aviator.

I lost track of how many guys I put in as Pilots and NFO's that had little if any leadership or sports, the only thing that really matters with aviation is the ASTB and a decent GPA.

Take the ASTB and let us know how you did.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone,

Between the 40 OAR score and DWI I can almost guarantee you wont get selected. My knowledge is coming from officers who sat in on the Supply Officer boards.