• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What not to do at OCS

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Will there be pics of the care package?

You'd have to ask those who are so concerned about his getting tailored attention....they were on FlashChat last night and seem to be regulars there

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know it is going to suck when he goes to OCS. I wish I was there to see it! :)

Depends on the perspective...I think of it as entertainment somewhat, but mainly tailored attention to address his foibles...he''ll be better for it for sure

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Their classmates are pretty bummed about it though and don't think they deserved what they got. But hey, what's fair about OCS, right?

Hey, but what's fair about integrity and lying? I've done and will tolerate a lot of stuff but being a liar isn't one of them, especially in the military. If they indeed lied they should've been kicked the f*uck out of OCS, no questions.

We had a guy when I went into boot camp, lied on some part of his application (don't know the details, just that he falsified/lied to his recruiter on his enlistment contract). Shore patrol physically drug his ass out of the division spaces. If they do that for a buck E1, why should some officer candidate get away with lying?

Like I said, there's a time and place for forgiveness, but integrity violations isn't one of them.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow! It seems like people don't have the whole story. I was told that these Candi-Os weren't even given the chance to plead their case and that there was a discrepancy in the Sheriff's report.

Both items you offer in their defense are rationalizations....
1) were they over the known limit of 50 miles?
2) were they out of uniform?
3) did they get into a fight?
4) did they not fess up when confronted about item 2?

If answer is yes to any of the items, they shouldn't be rationalizing over not getting a day in court or a discrepancy in the report

They make those rules for a reason and if you're caught in violation, you pay the price no matter how good a guy or gal you are

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I hope everyone is forgiving to you all as you have been for these guys.

Lesson to learn for those not yet at OCS, Liberty is just another test to see how you'll act in public.

Forgiving? Screw that noise. Liberty is a test all right. As officers in the fleet you get much more liberty priviledges than the E-6 and below when on cruise.

Think about this: These guys A) break uniform policy, B) Leave the 50 mile radius, C) get into a fight.

What if they got in trouble with the law in Singapore where we don't have a SOFA? Have fun in jail.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
What if they got in trouble with the law in Singapore where we don't have a SOFA? Have fun in jail.

My dad used to tell me the story of when he was a green JO in southern Spain right after Franco died and a sailor got caught smoking pot on the beach. The Spanish policeman walked up to the guy (who buried the joint in the sand) and calmly asked the guy what he was doing. The kid said he wasn't doing anything, so the policeman drew his pistol, chambered a round, put it to the kids head and asked again. He had to do some time in a dirt floored jail cell...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My dad used to tell me the story of when he was a green JO in southern Spain right after Franco died and a sailor got caught smoking pot on the beach. The Spanish policeman walked up to the guy (who buried the joint in the sand) and calmly asked the guy what he was doing. The kid said he wasn't doing anything, so the policeman drew his pistol, chambered a round, put it to the kids head and asked again. He had to do some time in a dirt floored jail cell...

The one I have repeatedly heard is the guy pissing on the statue of Ataturk in Turkey, and was promptly thrown in Turkish jail for a stay.........

Rednight27

Dust Bunny Supreme
God! Mechanized Infantry school was a total of 21 weeks, I've spent 13 MONTHS in the middle east as a grunt...12 weeks should be something to laugh at!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The one I have repeatedly heard is the guy pissing on the statue of Ataturk in Turkey, and was promptly thrown in Turkish jail for a stay.........

I was there right after that and that is definitely not the thing to do while in Turkey as he is like their George Washington and then some.

MasterBates

More like Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson rolled into one (in local terms).

And still recent enough that people who are still alive knew him.

four o two

None
Yeah, I'm in A-pool and I heard that story. Those sound like the kind of guys who will probably end up getting drunk and crashing into a house. *wink*

Seriously, they should have been attrited. I've seen it happen for less while at OCS.