• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is your favorite round?

What is your favorite round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew

I figured that since the firearm threads were so popular I would throw a poll for discussion. I listed some of the most popular rounds and even some less popular (for the Desert Eagle enthusiasts). Pistol or revolver, let us know what you like shooting the most.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
.22, too cheap to argue with :)

fun to just plink at milk jugs and anything else worth shooting on the farm

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is a tough choice. I like the balance of energy and capacity that a .40 offers, but I'm more accurate with the 9mm and I have much tighter control with rapid fire with the 9mm. I put 9mm due to the capacity it offers and because in a high quality JHP, it has nearly the same exact performance as .40 and .45.

B

Blutonski816

My godfather didn't really respect my ability as a marksman until I was able to master his Big 'ole 1911.
Plus, after collecting 4 years of wisdom from two great Marines, I know that "hokey religions and ancient weapons are not match for a good .45 at your side."

(sorry, 6 days for Episode III... I had to say that)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like I said before, never take a handgun to a gunfight. Bring a rifle. But you limited us to pistol cartridges. :)

B

Blutonski816

Maybe that was what he meant by "Other"...

In which case a 7.62 would be my choice...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
.40 S&W ...

:icon_rage "Freeze Gopher" :icon_rage

kahr40-9mm.jpg

doubledown

I carry a .40 glock on me, best for civilian defense and concealment in that it's not as big as a 45, but more powerful than a 9mm. If I had my preference in a "gunfight", I think I'd take a .50 full-auto.

doubledown

Here's the difference between a 40 caliber pistol round, and a 50 caliber rifle round. Let's hope this picture comes in right, I'm unsure how to attach a picture.

Attachments

• IMG 007bb.jpg
    IMG 007bb.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 81

Grant

I put 9mm. There is tons of very cheap FMJ's out there for practicing at the range ($4 for a box of CCI Blazer for example, haha), and like Fly Navy said, a good JHP will stop anybody. :D

Grant

As A4's keeps bringing up, there really should be a firearms forum here at AW, since its seems like every other thread in the Miscellaneous forum is about guns or ammo. :D

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Nothing like the feel, the sound, and the sight (since you can actually see the slug flying from the barrel) of a .45 ACP round exiting the barrel of a 1911.

Status
Not open for further replies.