• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is your favorite Navy/USMC aircraft?

What is your favorite Navy/USMC aircraft?

• Total voters

KBayDog

Feel the power.

th57.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
As long as we're playing "Fantasy Island" ... if I could have flown in WW2 (what I was born for --- too late) ... a.k.a. "the Big One" ... I would have flown, by choice:

NAVY: F6F Hellcat

ARMY: P51 Mustang

USMC: F4U Corsair

... there was no Air Force. Almost a perfect world ... :icon_rast

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course I love my Mighty War Hoover, but I think the A-6 is the plane/mission I have always wanted to fly.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
HooverPilot said:
Of course ....the A-6 is the plane/mission I have always wanted to fly.
Grumman Ugly ... my third all-time favorite. A class airplane. ALWAYS got the job done ... ALWAYS put fear and trembling into the hearts of the Gomers ---- no matter what color they are/were..... the Navy has been a "lesser AirWing" for the past 10 years until the Hornet was re-invented to do what the Intruder could ALWAYS do ... :)

Believe it ....

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I didn't see the E-6 in the poll. This is very disheartening. :(

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
UInavy said:
Carry two people??
Ho-ho-ha-ha-ho-ho :D .... oh, God, stop, you're hurting me ... :D

Nooooooo .... ACTUALLY .... I meant go deep, go once, don't need half the AirWing for support, hit the target the first time, kill the target, day/night, any WX, any time .... and not whine about it or make excuses about it for the past generation of USN Naval Aviation.

You know ... :) .... THOSE kind of things ...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
UInavy said:
Who's whining and making excuses? :icon_smil

The F-18 community --- ever since they tried to be jack-of all-trades, master of NONE. ;)

But .... they're getting better with better aircraft. And they're still trying to be great at everything. Can't be done .... You can't believe your OWN propaganda.

But make no mistake --- if I were still doin' "it" today --- I'd want to be doin' "it" in a Hornet, any shape, color, or flavor. :)

BlkPny

pilot
Our squadron (VAL-4) was supposed to be comprised of Spads in Viet Nam, but just before we were formed they gave them to the VNAF. We were heartbroken. Instead, we borrowed about 24 OV-10's from the USMC instead.

For pure beauty, though, I don't see how you can beat the A-5.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Current inventory pick, my new bird, the MV-22B Osprey (yeah, yeah, bring it on). Best parts of flying F/W and helo. The opposition would say the worst parts of each, but I'm a "glass half-full" guy.

Historical pick, the F4U Corsair. WWII and Korea Marine Corps Aviation MVP.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
But where am I going so get that over-inflated ego and self-importance I so desperately desire?:D

First things first, get yourself a BIG watch.......

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Geee I wonder how this poll will turn out?

I'm guessing most answersw will be something like "uhhhhhh the one I fly"

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
F-8 Crusader.

WWII fighter? I am going to have to go with the F4U-1A/C/D series as well. Were the "Hog" on the flight decks instead of the Hellcats, we would be saying "F6F, what the hell is that?"

But crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first.