• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is it like to be an NFO?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Anyone know when VAQ-136 is going to make the switch? Isnt it the most forward deployed squadron?

Maybe in terms of home port, but I'd say any of the exped squadrons are probably a little bit more "forward" on their deployments :)

Kaminoshi

Oh, interesting... I wonder when that will end up happening. How did you find out lol? Also, maybe its been asked but what is going to happen to all the prowler NFOs? The prowler is 3 NFOs and the growler is 1.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
When 136 does their transition...
Ironclaw: they stood up in my AirWing on the '73 (?) cruise ... their first C.O. was Norm Davis: EXCELLENT guy. He eventually bailed and ran off to New Zealand w/ his NZ 'hottie' wife to punch sheep instead of cows when his time was up ...

The next guy ... a near albino who 'we' nicknamed 'Big Wally' -- what a terminal jerk. And it was my singular pleasure to wave him off on more than one occasion for conduct unbecoming ... :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, interesting... I wonder when that will end up happening. How did you find out lol? Also, maybe its been asked but what is going to happen to all the prowler NFOs? The prowler is 3 NFOs and the growler is 1.

See post #209 above, LOL. :rolleyes:

Brett

altuc

Cant explain it, just catches my eye. The whole NFO-ruled EA-6B was definitely cool, I just think this way is more appealing.

Acart

Hey all I was wondering do NFOs operate on Helicopters and if so what do they do? I am somewhat familiar with what NFOs do in general but I am guessing that it would be a bit different on Helos than other aircraft.

Thanks

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The talked about putting an NFO in the 60B when it first came out too. Then again 10 years after it came out, etc.

Nothing new here.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Left seat. Seems more serious than the earlier Bravo discussions, but to be honest I've paid no attention. It wouldn't be hard to do, but obviously there would be ricebowl issues. I don't think it really saves a significant amount of money, but it would give a lot more seats to the 1320 community.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What exactly are the arguments for putting two anchors in the left? Pilot currency/quals (I don't know about helos, but in the Hummer, sitting CP counts for pretty much nothing except total hours)?