• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What I learned on my trip through O'Hare and Frankfurt

Rossi

Rossi - maybe thats why ATL seems like such chaos. Its smaller (physically) but handles more people. ATL just seems a lot more packed with people than ORD did.

From last comic standing the other night:
(Man on an airplane with whiny little kid in the seat infront of him)
Kid: HI!!!!!!!!
Man: (politely ignores)
Man: No - please turn around
Man: Stewardess - this kid just said "bomb"
:)

Yeah, ATL handles around 10 million more passangers per year despite being smaller. Never been to ATL though. Besides being incredibly busy, whats it like?
One of the nicest airports ive been to is my hometown hub SFO. Whats your guys' favs.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
SEATAC (Seattle) has a great airport with one of the best terminal views around (big glass walls looking out to the Olympic mountains), and lots of places to buy clam chowder. I like Anchorage for its views also.

Orlando (MCO) is well laid out and very efficient for tourists. It's the home airport for the House of the Mouse, so you know it's tourist friendly.

Miami (MIA)and New Orleans (MSY) rank near the bottom in my humble opinion. New Orleans was dirty with few facilities pre-Katrina, and it's gone down since then.

I like Caribbean airports, not because they're fancy, but because they're not, and many remind me that some things haven't changed. The flying fish sandwich in Barbados' airport is still one of the best meals around, plus you can buy Cuban cigars and good rum there.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not sure I really like any large airports.

1) Las Vegas McCarran - HATE this airport. You can't get from one terminal to another without going through security. If your plane goes to Terminal C and you connect in Terminal A... you have to leave the secure area and go through security at Terminal A. WTF, OVER?!

2) Atlanta - It's just way too busy and big. If you have to go from Gate A43 to Gate E1 or something insane with a small layover... good luck.

3) O'Hare - Piss-poor labeling of terminals.

4) Denver - Let's shut down all the food places at 9pm on a weeknight when you have connecting flights all the way until Midnight. Fvcking azzholes.

Actually, I don't mind Louisville's airport. DCA is OK too, never had many problems there. Salt Lake is OK. Honolulu's isn't terrible, just old and archaic. Whoever said Orlando, I do remember enjoying that one.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The secret(s) to my success while flying commercial from "A" to "B" ....

1. Bring earplugs.

2. Bring a nightshade/blindfold, whatever you choose to call it.

3. Ignore everyone.

4. Expect nothing other than to arrive alive.

5. Sleep.

The above list works whether I am riding in the cabin or flying the airplane ... :)

Huggy Bear

pilot
The secret(s) to my success while flying commercial from "A" to "B" ....

1. Bring earplugs.

2. Bring a nightshade/blindfold, whatever you choose to call it.

3. Ignore everyone.

4. Expect nothing other than to arrive alive.

5. Sleep.

The above list works whether I am riding in the cabin or flying the airplane ... :)

LOL:D

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
1) Las Vegas McCarran - HATE this airport. You can't get from one terminal to another without going through security. If your plane goes to Terminal C and you connect in Terminal A... you have to leave the secure area and go through security at Terminal A. WTF, OVER?!
You just don't know the back alleys........

Terminal A is connected to Terminal B inside of security. Southwest has a van that drives from Terminal B to Terminal C. If you are in Terminal C or D and want to go to the other, just tell the TSA guys you have a connecting flight before exiting security. There is a door they can let you through if they feel like being nice.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Remeber girls are creeped out more by creepy old guys then they are by creepy young guys. :)
Not really. I mean, a creepy old guy might, despite his creepiness, have something in the way of income or influence. A creepy young guy has nothing going for him but his youth, and what good is that to me?

Not really. I mean, a creepy old guy might, despite his creepiness, have something in the way of income or influence. A creepy young guy has nothing going for him but his youth, and what good is that to me?

Then who is to say if old men have no looks, why would young men have no money? :)