• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What I learned on my trip through O'Hare and Frankfurt

1)ATC must be a hard job. I counted atleast 25+ planes in the pattern at once over or near O'Hare.

2)Airports are fun, everytime you turn your head a hot chick with fury boots and spandex walks by.

3)Duty-Free shops are awesome... bought a bottle of goose for $30 compared 49+ at home.

4)USO couches are comfortable

5)Terminal seats are not

6)The Boeing 747 is a huge ****ing plane

7)Do not fly to Dallas in attempt to catch a faster plane out of the country

8)There is a huge population of Indians (from India) at Dallas-Ft. Worth

9)Do not feel ashamed to let one rip next to a passenger you don't know, because you'll never see him again

I haven't posted in awhile since I've been in Europe for a couple weeks. Now I'm and thought I'd drop a line and start some convo about traveling. I love it.

Rossi

Only flown through O'hare once, but damn is it massive. I had traverse the entire airport to get to my next flight, was about a 5 mile walk :tongue2_1

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hate O'Hare. I could not find a terminal or my airline for a long time because it wasn't labeled... ANYWHERE.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I remember waiting in the USO at O'Hare waiting for the RDC's to pick me up for bootcamp. When they came they stood us at the position of attention in that long glass hallway for 15-20 minutes....welcome to the Nav...:D

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I remember waiting in the USO at O'Hare waiting for the RDC's to pick me up for bootcamp. When they came they stood us at the position of attention in that long glass hallway for 15-20 minutes....welcome to the Nav...:D

Yeah, I just remember being so dam* tired standing there that I don't even remember the airport (I got in at like 4 am). Not to mention that we had to stay up the entire next day too for inprocessing. Good times.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Yeah, I just remember being so dam* tired standing there that I don't even remember the airport (I got in at like 4 am). Not to mention that we had to stay up the entire next day too for inprocessing. Good times.

Same type of thing happened to me when I reported to Ft Lewis for ROTC Advanced Camp. My original flight from DFW to Sea-Tac was canceled so I didn't arrive at the barracks until 04:30. We had morning formation at 05:00 where the Captain assigned to our platoon proceeded to chew my ass out for not shaving. When I explained that I had just gotten off a flight from Dallas & that my shaving kit had been in checked luggage all he could say was "Oh"

Good times indeed! :D

badger16

None
O'hare...is so aweful...I hate that stupid underground techno walk way they have, with that stupid voice that chants' " keep walkin, keep walkin, keep walkin" That is the closest I ever want to come to a rave.:icon_rage

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
2)Airports are fun, everytime you turn your head a hot chick with fury boots and spandex walks by.

Thats all good until you turn your head back and see the fat chick in fury boots and spandex. I second the duty free shop comment.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Flying commercial is only fun if you are sitting with someone that hasn't flown before, and when the flaps come down, you tell them the plane is coming apart.

Otherwise, flying commercial (for the sheep in back anyways) sucks after the first few times.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
when the flaps come down, you tell them the plane is coming apart.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT NOISE?"

"Don't worry ma'am, theres still one more engine left"

Thats always another good one. You azzhole :)

Lawman

None
Flying commercial is only fun if you are sitting with someone that hasn't flown before, and when the flaps come down, you tell them the plane is coming apart.

Otherwise, flying commercial (for the sheep in back anyways) sucks after the first few times.

I find telling them at some point when they do that inane "Hi how/who are you" crap that your a pilot. Then be all "What the hell... that shouldnt look like that...." at some point later in the flight.

Junior

pilot
I find telling them at some point when they do that inane "Hi how/who are you" crap that your a pilot. Then be all "What the hell... that shouldnt look like that...." at some point later in the flight.
I just like to be left alone.

Lawman

None
I just like to be left alone.

I'd kill to be able to sit on an aircraft next to a complete stranger I couldnt care less about and have them not say anything to me. Just let me eat my crappy peanuts, drink my half can of pop, and think about who I would eat first in an "Alive" scenario. Chances are if you piss me off trying to make chit chat for the course of our little journey together Im not gonna have any problem when the group decides you get to be the one we kill and eat to stay alive.