• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What I learned on my trip through O'Hare and Frankfurt

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You haven't been lost in an airport until you've been lost at Heathrow.

There's no organization. It's just a bunch of terminals....tacked onto a bunch of older terminals...tacked onto what once was the hub of terminals. Crazy Brits.

I never thought O'Hare was bad, its just been bad with the holidays and construction lately. I think O'hare is easy compared to others. Dallas-Ft. Worth was kinda like follow the yellow brick road...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
O'hare is big? Seemed pretty small and quiet to me ... compared to Atlanta =)

I fvcking hate Atlanta too.

I also hate Denver. They stop serving all food at 9pm... when flights are connecting all the way up till midnight or so. WTF?!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You poor babies .... *sniff*sniff* .... you mean airports are crowded, smelly, sometimes hot, sometimes not, you're tired, it's been a long day, you are inconvenienced, lots of ATC backup (and if you think THEY have it bad --- how would you like to be #25 in the airborne stack??), duty-free is O.K. ..... welcome to my world.

But there are the rewards ..... :)

hati2lh8.jpg

IRfly

None
There's no organization. It's just a bunch of terminals....tacked onto a bunch of older terminals...tacked onto what once was the hub of terminals. Crazy Brits.

And don't forget the marked disdain for customer service. Customers in general, actually.

Carno

Insane
Yeah, I hate Atlanta as well. Luckily all of my flights begin and end at Orlando, which is one of the best airports that I've seen.

I don't know if I've been lucky or what in my travels, but I've never sat next to anyone who felt the need to talk to me beyond saying "hi". I have, however, had the ultimate displeasure of sitting in the middle seat next to a woman with an infant on her lap, for a five hour flight. I must admit that I was a little disturbed by how much I wanted to stuff that shit machine in one of the overhead bins, far from my seat.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Yeah, I hate Atlanta as well. Luckily all of my flights begin and end at Orlando, which is one of the best airports that I've seen.

I don't know if I've been lucky or what in my travels, but I've never sat next to anyone who felt the need to talk to me beyond saying "hi". I have, however, had the ultimate displeasure of sitting in the middle seat next to a woman with an infant on her lap, for a five hour flight. I must admit that I was a little disturbed by how much I wanted to stuff that shit machine in one of the overhead bins, far from my seat.

Never fly without a set of earplugs. The worst is having that fussy baby in your row on a red eye.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I had a real rough flight when I flew from little rock to houston to atlanta on new years day. I had a baby next to me on one leg and a partially deaf kid on the next leg who loved to make noises he could hear....but was twice as loud to me. And of course all of this was mixed with a nasty hangover

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Those of you who hope to go jets, remember one thing. You say you hate Atlanta now, BUT . . . if you get what your heart truly desires, you have a 50% chance that the KATL terminal will, a few times a year, be the first place in months where you will clap eyes on a hot girl your own age who doesn't come equipped with the proverbial insta-family. Because it is the only hub which services scenic Meridian, Mississippi.

Oh, and there are two rules of airline travel which every single guy should remember. To wit:

1) If there is a hot chick on your flight, she will not be seated next to you.

2) If Rule #1 is violated and she is seated next to you, she will choose to ignore you for the entire flight.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You guys complaining about kids must be rookies at commercial air travel. You know, those of you who are distressed by kids crying, kids screaming, kids puking, kids wetting themselves, kids in the seat behind you kicking, kicking, kicking ... but they are no problem if you handle it right ....

An example, if I may:

Deadheading back from JFK in uniform ... there was one kid .... with his parents sitting right next to him not doing a damn thing .... kicking my seat back .... kicking, kicking, kicking, kicking .... sooooooooo ..... after about a half hour of it .... I unstrapped, turned around on my knees in my seat, "got large", looked over the seat back and slowly told him in a measured tone that could not be mistaken:

".... DO NOT KICK MY SEAT AGAIN. NOT ONE MORE TIME. If you kick my seat ONE MORE TIME .... ONE ... MORE ... TIME .... I WILL EAT YOU .... DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME ... ???" :eek:

The kid's eyes got really, really big ... his parents just stared at me ... and the kid didn't kick my seat ..... not even ONE MORE TIME .... for the rest of the flight.

Q.E. D.

1lv6.jpg

Carno

Insane
Hah, well I don't think the infant I was sitting next to would have understood anything that I would have said to it.

nittany - that is the truth. The only time I have sat next to a hot chick whilst flying has been the one time that I travelled with my girlfriend.