• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you?

What are you?

• High School

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • MIDN/College Student

Votes: 57 26.5%
  • E1-E5

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • E6-E9

• 0-1

Votes: 49 22.8%
  • 0-2

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • 0-3

Votes: 19 8.8%
  • 0-4

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 0-5 +

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Retired/Out/Salty Old Farts

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Spouse

• OTHER... now quit crying because we don't accomodate your niche

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
No. It shouldn't. At least MIDN is a rank.

I suppose this should be in the urban legends thread but someone told me that MIDN is an actual rank established by law... whereas "cadet" does not actually exist.:confused:

Also, how come MIDN is grouped with College Student... shouldn't they be seperate categories? We might not know ****, but at least we've already signed on the dotted line unlike you johnny-come-latelys who just caught onto this whole "join the Navy" thing.:D

Crowbar

None
If you're an "applicant", what's wrong with using high school or college? Because until you get accepted to something, that's really are you are...a high school student or a college student.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
According to the lady at the uniform shop at Norfolk, I'm a pre-ENS. :)

Don't let it go to your head.

I kept getting called Lieutenant on my flight out to San Diego last summer. You'd think with the number of Navy guys leaving from the DC area to San Diego people might know the difference.

The O-5 sitting next to me thought it was a riot.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I kept getting called Lieutenant on my flight out to San Diego last summer. You'd think with the number of Navy guys leaving from the DC area to San Diego people might know the difference.

The O-5 sitting next to me thought it was a riot.
Civilians call us by rank based on what they see in the movies. Very few know the Navy rank structure, so they default to what they think they know (i.e. Army, Air Force, Marine Corps ranks).

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How come I have to choose between O-5 and old salty fart? Can I vote twice?