• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you?

What are you?

• High School

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • MIDN/College Student

Votes: 57 26.5%
  • E1-E5

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • E6-E9

• 0-1

Votes: 49 22.8%
  • 0-2

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • 0-3

Votes: 19 8.8%
  • 0-4

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 0-5 +

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Retired/Out/Salty Old Farts

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Spouse

• OTHER... now quit crying because we don't accomodate your niche

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Minor threadjack to point out something that comes up once in awhile. E-4 is not a rank, it is a pay grade. For all you BDCP/OC types out there, saying you are an E-5 often rubs prior enlisted types wrong. The active duty guys that get orders directly to OCS will especially take offense. You BDCP guys are Officer Candidates, or technically, collegiates. Your pay grade is E-whatever. Think about it. Bus drivers, police officers and engineers do not identify themselves professionally by referencing their pay scale. You guys are in a grey area. And it is true guys in the fleet often refer to their pay grade when asked about rank. But to a prior enlisted guy that went to boot camp, has salt on his Petty Officer crows, and likely didn't have the sweet check you BDCP guys have, it is an insult to compare yourselves to them.

East

东部
Contributor
Adjudant-onderofficier Boordwerktuigkundige der Koninklijke Luchtmacht
:angel_125

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
^ WTF is that? jk I know you're from the Netherlands. What is that rank really? enlisted or officer?

Me: the saltiest 0-1 ever, but that's just because I just got done eating some salty a$$ popcorn.

-" Easy"

B

Blutonski816

Just because I have been waiting for someone to say it, but to no avail, I'm gonna say it myself...
image.jpg

I am not an number! I am FREE MAN!!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I suppose this should be in the urban legends thread but someone told me that MIDN is an actual rank established by law... whereas "cadet" does not actually exist.:confused:

Also, how come MIDN is grouped with College Student... shouldn't they be seperate categories? We might not know ****, but at least we've already signed on the dotted line unlike you johnny-come-latelys who just caught onto this whole "join the Navy" thing.:D

Midshipman actually is a rank. It dates back to the days when all our ships had big giant sails on them. It was deemed old and obselete(sp?) in the mid-1800s and has since been given to the people in the Academy and NROTC. Follow the link to more info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midshipman

hourocket

Bullseye
None
Minor threadjack to point out something that comes up once in awhile. E-4 is not a rank, it is a pay grade. For all you BDCP/OC types out there, saying you are an E-5 often rubs prior enlisted types wrong. The active duty guys that get orders directly to OCS will especially take offense. You BDCP guys are Officer Candidates, or technically, collegiates. Your pay grade is E-whatever. Think about it. Bus drivers, police officers and engineers do not identify themselves professionally by referencing their pay scale. You guys are in a grey area. And it is true guys in the fleet often refer to their pay grade when asked about rank. But to a prior enlisted guy that went to boot camp, has salt on his Petty Officer crows, and likely didn't have the sweet check you BDCP guys have, it is an insult to compare yourselves to them.
Im current enlisted/OC and its pretty strange because now I adresses myself as an E-6 or First Class PO, not MM1(SS) since I am not really that job anymore. It always bugged me when people did that, so I guess I bug myself now.