• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you?

What are you?

• High School

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • MIDN/College Student

Votes: 57 26.5%
  • E1-E5

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • E6-E9

• 0-1

Votes: 49 22.8%
  • 0-2

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • 0-3

Votes: 19 8.8%
  • 0-4

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 0-5 +

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Retired/Out/Salty Old Farts

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Spouse

• OTHER... now quit crying because we don't accomodate your niche

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Do you guys (OC's) still take advancement exams?

Yes, we are eligible for advancement. This will be my third time up for Chief, but I'm really not expecting anything. I didn't take the advancement exam last January because I decided going on a trip with my family was more important since I was picked up for the sta-21 program, and my brother was leaving for Iraq at the time.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, we are eligible for advancement. This will be my third time up for Chief, but I'm really not expecting anything. I didn't take the advancement exam last January because I decided going on a trip with my family was more important since I was picked up for the sta-21 program, and my brother was leaving for Iraq at the time.
But how do you advance to Chief if you're not an FC1 anymore?

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
But how do you advance to Chief if you're not an FC1 anymore?

I'll still compete in the Aegis FC advancement pipeline. Read: not a snowballs chance in hell to make Chief :D But I'm okay with that :D

All advancement exams are taken with the previous rating that you held. So a BM will take their rating exam and a prior OS will take the OS rating exam.

Personally I like how the Marines do it. It's considered non-competitive advancement. I think I have it right, but don't quote me on it. Basically if someone of your year group (I read that to mean if they made Sgt the same time you did) is advanced to SSgt then you get put on the list and are advanced when they are.

Crowbar

None
Our system is more based on MOS. If someone in your MOS who is junior to you or has the same DOR/AFADBD as you gets selected for promotion, you will, too.

Or you could just get it the hard way before you get into the program...

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Our system is more based on MOS. If someone in your MOS who is junior to you or has the same DOR/AFADBD as you gets selected for promotion, you will, too.

Or you could just get it the hard way before you get into the program...

Hey, I'm not complaining. E-6 pay and going to school is a great deal if you ask me :) I'm just not expecting to get picked up for E-7 with advancement at 15% last cycle, and the more due to the fact that I'm in this program now.

Crowbar

None
Naw, that was just a dig at all the people who get into MECEP then get non-competitively promoted to SSgt and run around bragging about "I was a Staff NCO before I got commissioned." HATE HATE HATE!

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
But is someone who kissed ass to get promoted to Sgt before they could legally buy a drink, then got picked up for MECEP (and promoted to SSgt because of it) really a SNCO? Hmm...

Crowbar

None
But is someone who kissed ass to get promoted to Sgt before they could legally buy a drink, then got picked up for MECEP (and promoted to SSgt because of it) really a SNCO? Hmm...

Sure, just like the people at TBS who still reeked of MCRD but claimed they were priors.

And for the record, I don't meet any one of your requirements so you and HueyCobra can stop with your little insinuations.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sure, just like the people at TBS who still reeked of MCRD but claimed they were priors.

And for the record, I don't meet any one of your requirements so you and HueyCobra can stop with your little insinuations.
For what it's worth, in my book, you ain't a "real" prior unless you've done a deployment with an operational command. Being picked up for BOOST out of boot camp or Nuke Power School doesn't cut it.

Brett

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
I wonder how many of those "O-4" and "O-5+" votes are actually legit......
What, you think 3 O-4s and just 2 O-5s surfing the world famous Air Warriors Forum is not believable? I know one other O-5, and I assure you, we are legit.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
I wonder how many of those "O-4" and "O-5+" votes are actually legit......

based on the numbers, I'd say all of them

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
What, you think 3 O-4s and just 2 O-5s surfing the world famous Air Warriors Forum is not believable? I know one other O-5, and I assure you, we are legit.

I know of about 3 to 4 other O-4's that peruse this site. Of course I'm proably one of the only O-4's to post, being that I'm an internet tool :)

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
^My CO has at least dropped in here, so I would agree. As for me, 8 years prior USMC before switching to the blue...don't ask.