• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you reading?

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
I have a great affinity for the Thud, especially Thorsness' story and just how ruthless and unforgiving of a job it was on that aircraft. This looks like a nice read.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Bought it for 25 cents at the local library, finished it over one long, rainy day. Not bad story telling…certainly worth a quarter.

View attachment 40134
The GF has a "box of stuff" from her late uncle - who she heard "was some kind of pilot". Medals, g-suit, helmet bag, cover, jungle fatigues, camo poncho liner, flight jackets, garment bag, etc etc. ChuckMK23 goes into full research mode. Turns out to be a highly decorated F-105 (100 missions) and F-4 (another 100 missions) pilot - in the box of stuff was Air Medals and DFC. Amazing times. She was astounded when I briefed her and her family of his legacy. They had no idea. I am encouraging them to frame his medals and citations. Quite amazing actually.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Bought it for 25 cents at the local library, finished it over one long, rainy day. Not bad story telling…certainly worth a quarter.

View attachment 40134

I remember reading "Thud Ridge" as maybe a grade or middle schooler, borrowing it from the school library and finishing it in one sitting during school. Not really sure how I found it, in the dewey decimal system of drawers and cards, but I did. I think I've read this one too. I think I've read all of the -105 books anyway.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Since when can you use Japanese characters in a username?
Awesome, though 私はすべてを知っています is much longer than IKE.
In your case, just stick with 思兼…or Omoikane the deity of wisdom and intelligence…called upon to "ponder" and give good counsel in the deliberations of the heavenly deities.