• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are some tricks that IPs play on SA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
Im talking about like how they can mess with your gauges during ground run-up and other situations. Just trying to get a feel of what to look out for. Thanks

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
That's why it's important to pay attention in ground school and ace the systems test. Then you know exactly what they can and can't do.
Sometimes they just start screaming fire! What are you going to do?
Or, if you screw up on a fam sometimes you will watch the G-meter spike up a little bit.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Let's just put it this way, if there is a circuit breaker or a switch that they can get their hands on, it is fair game.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
didn't get too many tricks played on me until FAM 10 or 11... here's a few favorites:

if IP turns on Auto-IGN your fuel-flow will be out of wack...

if IP retards Condition Lever your Prop RPM will be less than 2200

IP can Slave your Gyro prior to take-off so it doesn't align with your wet compass

IP can lower/raise your flaps at any time..

Generator light comes on if IP has his starter engaged

I'm sure there are a bunch more... The key is not to look for the "tricks" but to actually be checking everything when you say "engine instrumetns checked" or "gear down, flaps down" etc.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
just thought of a couple more...

if IP holds prop-RPM switch your prop-RPM test will fail

IP pressing ANNUN while you do the Annunciator test will secure the master caution light

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
that was Prop-Overspeed Governor Test.. not Prop-RPM test.. I'm sure you could've figured it out..
icon_smile.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by virtu050
that was Prop-Overspeed Governor Test.. not Prop-RPM test.. I'm sure you could've figured it out..
icon_smile.gif
But the IPs hand and arm should be in such a position, if you notice what he is doing, and take the stick and slam it from the left to the right (or vice versa) you will knock his arm and hand off the button.. hehe... Stand by for the fallout tho...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know a chick who got a pink sheet for that Webmaster. Sucks, 'cause the IP wa a cool guy.

beau

why?......cant the IP's take a joke?...hehe.......alright.....know your place! "You will obey the laws of the IP's, or I will rip off your head, and S#@$ down your neck, scumbag!"

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Basically. IS it really an SNA's place to try to jackass the guy (a) trying to teach and help him and (b) holding their career in his hands?

Some sea stories hold merit.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
dont forget to tell your instructor to "clear his knees" when you're testing the controls for freedom of movement. they get pretty pissy about getting hit in the knees.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Y'all don't bother me while I'm listening to the Braves game on the ADF. Now go and do another turn pattern.....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by zab1000
I know a chick who got a pink sheet for that Webmaster. Sucks, 'cause the IP wa a cool guy.
Ouch...

I don't know who mentioned it in this post, or another... So what if you know all the tricks? You shouldn't be thinking, oh, this is the next trick that the IP is going to play on me. You should be scanning your instruments, making your calls, and staying ahead of the airplane. I know two things I will NEVER fail to check (uh oh, I said never..) one is aircraft heading as I take the active, and making sure the landing gear is down. I am sure other stuff got pounded into me along the whole training route. In many cases, trying to predict what the IP is going to do might in fact lead you to a dangerous situation, overreacting or reacting improperly to a given scenario. But I know you will get to the point where you are flying, and you KNOW the gradesheet, and you think to yourself, hmm, all I have left is a LAPL... just be prepared for that crazy IP that decides to throw you a curve ball...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by 46Driver
Y'all don't bother me while I'm listening to the Braves game on the ADF. Now go and do another turn pattern.....
Nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.