• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wearing of multiple Wings/Warfare devices

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's almost like those MMA guys wearing the Fried Chicken with their SWO pin. It's not allowed.

-ea6bflyr ;)

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
It's almost like those MMA guys wearing the Fried Chicken with their SWO pin. It's not allowed.

I'm not exactly sure why but alot of us MMA guys just never take the sea chicken off, if you walk around the academy during alumni weekend you'll see the chicken on Army uniforms.....now that crap is weird.

I still wear my chicken walking around P-cola, its a good conversation starter if nothing else, most people have no idea what it is.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I'm not exactly sure why but alot of us MMA guys just never take the sea chicken off, if you walk around the academy during alumni weekend you'll see the chicken on Army uniforms.....now that crap is weird.

I still wear my chicken walking around P-cola, its a good conversation starter if nothing else, most people have no idea what it is.[/QUOTE]

My point was that the MMA Chicken is replaced once you earn your primary warfare qual (SWO, NA, NFO, SUB, etc). Yes, while you are earning your Primary warfare qual, you can wear your MMA Chicken pin but not after.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Socrates

I never assumed that combat sorties would earn an officer CAC's. However I am curious if an officer who was prior enlisted and had earned AC wings(gold) but was not a pilot and yet some how attached to a aviation unit, could he in theory earn CACs by utilizing his enlisted MOS in a combat zone? Say as a door Gunner?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I never assumed that combat sorties would earn an officer CAC's. However I am curious if an officer who was prior enlisted and had earned AC wings(gold) but was not a pilot and yet some how attached to a aviation unit, could he in theory earn CACs by utilizing his enlisted MOS in a combat zone? Say as a door Gunner?

I'll repeat what I said earlier...I guess you could make the argument, unless there's a specific prohibition in writing somewhere. However, I can't think of any reason a non-aviation Marine officer would be on regular flying duty and in a position to earn CAC wings.

Unless one were riding along for the express purpose of combat bling accumulation, which is not cool.

phrogpilot73

Somewhere deep in the annals of regulations, it was addressed. Officers ARE NOT able to earn Combat Aircrew. Period. Yes, they can act as aircrew (in the 46 as an Aerial Observer) but a message came out in '05 specifically prohibiting them from earning Combat Aircrew.

JTB7

What if you earn it as enlisted and then become a pilot as an officer? Can you wear Combat Aircrew badge and your Wings? Also, if you were a Recon Marine while enlisted and became a pilot as an officer can you where the jump wings and combatant diver you earned in Recon training with your Wings?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What if you earn it as enlisted and then become a pilot as an officer? Can you wear Combat Aircrew badge and your Wings? Also, if you were a Recon Marine while enlisted and became a pilot as an officer can you where the jump wings and combatant diver you earned in Recon training with your Wings?

If you've earned them, you can wear them in accordance with Uniform Regulations. Why wouldn't you wear them? Hopefully you are proud of where you come from.

-ea6bflyr ;)

phrogpilot73

If you earn combat aircrew as an enlisted man, you can wear it as an officer. You can't earn them as an officer. You can't wear both jump wings and scuba bubble with pilot wings, only two breast insignia are authorized at a time.

P1020.34G said:
i. When the Navy/Marine Corps parachutist insignia is worn, the basic parachutist insignia will not be worn. When aviation insignia is worn with the basic or Navy/Marine Corps parachutist insignia, the parachutist insignia will be centered 1/8 inch above any aviation insignia.

l. Not more than two USMC-approved breast insignia will be worn on the left, and not more than one foreign pilot or other U.S. service pilot/navigator insignia will be worn on the right, at any time.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
So if you have more than 2 insignia that you are eligible to wear, I'd assume you wear your current one, but how do you pick which other one? Is it which ever one you want, or is there a ranked order?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So if you have more than 2 insignia that you are eligible to wear, I'd assume you wear your current one, but how do you pick which other one? Is it which ever one you want, or is there a ranked order?

I had a friend that had multiple devices and he'd pick and chose depending on mood. At times he'd just wear his one on top.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Its funny this thread came up again because I was wondering about that the other day. At TBS one of the Lts has diving and jump wings. Hes an air contract. I was wondering how that would work out but I forgot to ask!

lmnop

I had a friend that had multiple devices and he'd pick and chose depending on mood. At times he'd just wear his one on top.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Chapter 5 Section 2 of the uniform regs provides guidance, but it's unnecessarily complicated. I always wear my jump wings as my second because that's the norm for us, but I see guys wearing random shit all the time. I say pick a secondary and stick with it, it makes for less holes in the dress up clothes.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If I were in that situation, I'd choose the bubbles. They're a lot more rare in the Corps than jump wings, even the gold ones. Then again, I've never been a snake-eater, anyway.