• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
When I was on cruise this summer, I noticed that all the pilots/NFO's had cool watches. I was just wondering what some of you would recommend......I guess this is just a roll call of what watches everyone is sporting

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Uh...target brand? haha. Wait...the cooler the watch, the better the chances of getting jets, right? lol

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
When picking a watch, just remember the old axiom: the size of your watch is inversely proportional to the size of you genitailia....

For the non-mathamatically inclinded: big watch = fighter pilot :D :icon_king

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Do you pilots/nfo's every find yourselves using your watches in flight or do you just use the one on the panel.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Your best bet is to get a G-Shock, then get ANOTHER G-Shock and put it around the first one, just in case one of them breaks down.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
timex iron man. plus... with your gloves on you can't even see your watch.
The 8 day clock works pretty good unless you forget to wind it. hack.. hack.. G*d Damn it! HACK!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All around multipurpose watch: Timex Ironman with 5 alarms. $35 at the NEX.

Playing dress up: Rolex GMT Master ($ Chaching)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
When I was on cruise this summer, I noticed that all the pilots/NFO's had cool watches. I was just wondering what some of you would recommend......I guess this is just a roll call of what watches everyone is sporting

Just my $20 worth:

ROLEX GMT Master or Gold and Stainless Submariner w/ Blue face .... great Aviator watches. Or get a Bolex if you can only afford a cheap copy (really ----- DON't --- I'm kidding --- never get a copy --- they are phony and the wearer is a chump) . Get a real Submariner or a GMT Master ... you won't be sorry 15 years from now when you see what it is worth. They are good enough for dress-up and always good for casual. My GMT survived salt water and an ejection .... just kept on ticking ..... :)

Anyone can get a rubber watch ..... don't ..... be somebody when it counts.

RX408-NP0.jpg
rolex2.jpg

I have one each .... because I'm a "mood" person and I don't know what "mood" I'll be in when someone asks "What time is it , Sport ..... ???":)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Ultimate aviator watch...

For me, I have always enjoyed my Omega Speedmaster Professional. I'm a huge space-nut on top of my life in aviation. When I wear it I feel like I have a little piece of history.

It's pure utilitarian, but I love it!

35705000.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
For me, I have always enjoyed my Omega Speedmaster Professional. I'm a huge space-nut on top of my life in aviation. When I wear it I feel like I have a little piece of history.

It's pure utilitarian, but I love it!
Omega Speedmaster Professional .... ALSO a great Aviator watch ... my Mom got one for me in 1969 when the boys landed on the moon. It rang up about $600 then .... lots of money for a Mom in 1969. It survived .... and so did I. Just had it restored. Thanks, Mom.

East

东部
Contributor
Breitling Aerospace, the ultimate Aviation Watch

Here in Europe/The Netherlands Aviators go for Breitling.
Businessmen, Divers (and Pimps) go for Rolex.
Racecar fans go for TAG-HEUER.
Spacenerds/fans go for OMEGA.

At the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford theres always a Breitlingowners club, where they serve free beers on a nice terrace. The only thing for admittance needed is Breitling metal on your wrist...

check: http://www.breitling.com

I go with the Titanium Breitling Aerospace, Blue dial and two tone fighterbrace. The B-1 is very popular by USAF B-1 Bombercrews out of Diego-Garcia.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Good watch for dressup. POS for normal day to day. You will kill yourself if you scratch that Rolex or Brietling getting into the jet.

My Ironman died at 60' while diving so now I have a POS from the K-Mart in Guam. Still works after two years.