• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WATCHES: Question for all you Aviators

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have a Speedmaster for day to day use. My only complaint is that the buttons tend to pop off. I've lost one, and others w/ the same make have had similar problems.

However, if I'm on a ship, then it's just the good old G-Shock, especially if I'm flying around a SPY ship. I've been lucky, but I know two guys who have been zapped and lost their watches. I'm sure there are others. I really don't want that to happen to my Speedmaster.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Also in favour by Naval Aviator(s)...

Anybody at 7 should recognize this guy. Thats friggin funny.

attachment.php

East

东部
Contributor
Good watch for dressup. POS for normal day to day. You will kill yourself if you scratch that Rolex or Brietling getting into the jet.

Breitling Aerospace is made of Saffire and Titanium. No scratches since '98. That's why this watch was my favourite while I was changing Engines back in those days as a Crew Chief. The only thing I had to avoid was close contact with the Titanium Fanblades, the rest of the metal parts would be scratched by my watch...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Here in Europe/The Netherlands Aviators go for Breitling.......
Businessmen, Divers (and Pimps) go for Rolex.
"Here in Europe"??? Breitling ??? I believe you ..... That's why you guys never win any wars ..... :)

Rolex??? Never heard of James Bond, eh ??? (*edit*) and I don't mean the candy-ass variant that "poses" as JB these days ....

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Breitling.jpg

We got a decent deal on some Breitlings a few years ago...We paid $500 each; can't remeber how many were in on it......as a side note, I should find the directions and change the date.

East

东部
Contributor
"Here in Europe"??? Breitling ??? I believe you ..... That's why you guys never win any wars ..... :)

Rolex??? Never heard of James Bond, eh ??? (*edit*) and I don't mean the candy-ass variant that "poses" as JB these days ....

In my memory Sean Connery as well as (Sir) Roger Moore were supplied as "JB" with the OMEGA watches, never Rolex.
With respect to your note concerning winning wars, the US military should have supplied a lot more Rolexes to US personell in the '70s:icon_wink

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, since one EA-6B Bubba was de-gloved during ejection (partly due to the fact that he was wearing a non-break-away watch; read METAL BAND), I always wear a Casio POS ($12 NEX) while flying.
F-E10-1B.jpg

For dress-up, the ROLEX always works well.

ea6bflyr

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
With respect to your note concerning winning wars, the US military should have supplied a lot more Rolexes to US personell in the '70s:icon_wink
The U.S. military won the fight and got the North Vietnamese to agree to quit fighting (they were basically incapable of sustaining the fight after the last gloves-off bombing campaign). It's the politicians that subsequently lost the peace. :icon_rage But this is a whole different discussion.

BTW, I wouldn't piss off A4s if I was you......:D :D :D

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
I have a Speedmaster for day to day use. My only complaint is that the buttons tend to pop off. I've lost one, and others w/ the same make have had similar problems.

I need to get one of those so I can bring it with me to the jet, along with my sock full of nickels. :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right now, a Timex Ironman. But that's just because I'm waiting on my Omega X-33 Speedmaster. Ordered it through a group deal in my Advanced squadron - Omega and Breitling both offer awesome deals to military if you get group buys together. A $2000+ watch for around $600... complete with a custom engraved backplate.

East

东部
Contributor
OK fair enough, America won the war in Vietnam and James Bond wears a Rolex. I am convinced!