• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Watches and G Forces?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Moose_Knuckle_Tattoo_by_Yo_G.jpg

Sometimes I get junk emails about some pills that promise to resize the knuckle and bring happiness...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
You need to get more than just some band service done if it is 9 years old. The oils in the movement break down with time whether the watch is running or not. It needs a good cleaning and new oil about every 5 years.

Ok, I didn't realize it was a full service like that. Omega quoted me at $450 or so for the whole thing. I guess it costs a lot to have nice things, weird. That's one of my priorities for when I get back from deployment.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
HOLY SHIT! Why didn't I think of that?!?

Maybe it's because my ring has intricate laser engraved greek keys on it, and resizing it will destroy it. Or so the jeweler told me...

It's pretty much pay close to a grand for a new ring, or use cold water to get it off. And if I forget - take my chances...
I've got a high speed die grinder with cutoff wheel; I'll bet we could resize that knuckle if you want. ;)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Ok, I didn't realize it was a full service like that. Omega quoted me at $450 or so for the whole thing. I guess it costs a lot to have nice things, weird. That's one of my priorities for when I get back from deployment.
You will get back what is basically a new watch. It will be completely disassembled (including the movement), cleaned, reassembled, oiled and calibrated. The case and band (it metal) will be completely polished and refinished too. Then there will be a one year guarantee.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I flew with a $12 Timex I got from WalMart that has a second time function. Served me well over 2 deployments and a set of work-ups. It took all of the 4G pulls the Electric Drumstick could throw my way. Never worried about scratching the face or anything, and its got a few scratches on it. Still have it, and it's serving me well through all of the punches to the crotch that the Pentagon throws my way.

As for rings, before I got rid of Manatee Jr., it went around my dog-tag chain on the way to the PR shop. The ring is now somewhere in Afghanistan...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
You will get back what is basically a new watch. It will be completely disassembled (including the movement), cleaned, reassembled, oiled and calibrated. The case and band (it metal) will be completely polished and refinished too. Then there will be a one year guarantee.

That's awesome, I'm definitely doing that then. They said it'd be down for a decent amount of time but it seems like it's well worth it. Good to hear.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I'm glad we could all get a laugh out of my misfortune and bad decision. But you've both got it wrong. Rub the ring and 3 things happen:
1. Your bank accounts get somehow much smaller.
2. Your lawyer's bank account gets somehow bigger.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm glad we could all get a laugh out of my misfortune and bad decision. But you've both got it wrong. Rub the ring and 3 things happen:
1. Your bank accounts get somehow much smaller.
2. Your lawyer's bank account gets somehow bigger.

3. You lost so much money you can't even count to three anymore.......?