• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Jesus. You do not know what you are talking about. In an operation like this, a Western style democracy simply does not do what you are imagining. You have never been trained as a CACO, have you? You ever dealt with anything related to what is involved in notifying next of kin of a death? Can you imagine the political fallout if we found out that the X administration had lied to the public about Afghanistan casualties in order to maintain public support for the war?

Just stop.

Ffs, every single one of your arguments has some sort of glaring logical fallacy whether it be inductive reasoning, a false dilemma, straw man, appeal to authority, ad hominem, appeal to emotion, etc. You have put words in my mouth (and others) at every opportunity and have conducted yourself in manor which has already resulted in a warning. Is it really that hard to admit there may in fact be a large delta between publicly available info and what's actually happening on the ground?

Mirage

pilot
Ffs, every single one of your arguments has some sort of glaring logical fallacy whether it be inductive reasoning, a false dilemma, straw man, appeal to authority, ad hominem, appeal to emotion, etc. You have put words in my mouth (and others) at every opportunity and have conducted yourself in manor which has already resulted in a warning. Is it really that hard to admit there may in fact be a large delta between publicly available info and what's actually happening on the ground?
Logical fallacies my ass, you're just searching for cover. Is it so hard to admit that Israel knows exactly how many of their soldiers have died, published that list online, and isn't lying? How do you even imagine they are lying? Publish some names, but not others, then hope that everyone who knew the people not listed just keep their mouths shut and don't blow a whistle? It's flat-earth level shit.

I'm done with this back and forth. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, you act like you do, then you can't admit when you're clearly proven wrong. Best of luck in Pensacola with that attitude.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Logical fallacies my ass, you're just searching for cover.

Is it so hard to admit that Israel knows exactly how many of their soldiers have died, published that list online, and isn't lying?
Not at, it actually quite easy to take published information at face value. It's not like that has every led anyone astray before. But it's very possible those are indeed accurate numbers. I'm just confused how you are 100% certain they accurate and updated in the middle of an on going war. From the very beginning, my point is that neither I nor you know everything. Idk man, perhaps the concept of deferring judgment until all the facts are available is lost on you.

I offered you the opportunity to end this "debate" several post ago and settle our differences, which was unfortunately ignored, so this has gone on way longer than I would've liked.

I just hope your attitude is not indicative of all Navy officers.

Last edited:

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach a hotdog political science.
My man, step up your jokes. They’re not punny enough. At least bring the heat if you’re going to result to comedy as your last form of debate.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, you act like you do, then you can't admit when you're clearly proven wrong. Best of luck in Pensacola with that attitude.
Pot, meet kettle. I think you lost all credibility in that conversation after you resulted to the relevance of casualty numbers with the LOAC.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Not to re-threadjack but it doesn’t seem like I’m interrupting anything worthwhile…

In all the chat about differing safety standards, in the case of both Tesla and Spacex, Musk’s attitude has been to bring the same ‘move fast, break things, growth at all costs’ attitude that is the norm in the more software oriented tech world- and that he’s good at to be fair- to hardware, and it’s not shocking that there would be more ramifications from that than there would be if you’re only dealing with code and customers using that code.

Mos

None
Not to re-threadjack but it doesn’t seem like I’m interrupting anything worthwhile…
So you acknowledge that this is unrelated to the thread topic but you just decided to post it here anyway? Bizarre decision, even if it's an interesting link.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not really, threadjacks are pretty much our MO here at AW. :D
Thread titles on this site have a tendency to mainly be markers for where the discussion started, regardless of where it actually ends up going.

up-distracted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.