• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wanted: Whidbey Acreage for Horse and Family

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ Don't know what your experience is or where you come from, but utilities are not 'high' on Whidbey Island compared to the rest of WA state.

Believe it.

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
^ Don't know what your experience is or where you come from, but utilities are not 'high' on Whidbey Island compared to the rest of WA state.

Believe it.
Maybe not relative to the rest of WA, but coming from MS....they are definitely high. Just saying...they will be paid out of pocket and unlikely to come from the BAH (unless Pickle and the herd can find something on the central/south side of the island where the housing may be a tiny bit cheaper).

Good luck to you, Pickle and MrsPickle!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Maybe not relative to the rest of WA, but coming from MS....they are definitely high...
Yeah, but most of the kids in MS ... and AR and TN and WV and LA and AL have considerable chin stubble --- it's a different country ... just sayin' ... and welcome to the '1st world' (life in the slow lane version, anyway) ... :)

P.s. ... 'the south side' ??? South Whidbey is MUCH more expensive 'cause of the mainland 'bedroom community' aspect of the 'south side' ... live in OH or CPVL and enjoy the horseys ...

Check out the CPVL Equestrian Center for potential horsey boarding ...

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Check out the CPVL Equestrian Center for potential horsey boarding ...

Are you still in WA, A4s? You are one of those guys that I'd love to take out to dinner! :)

Pickle keeps bitchin' about Bella. Makes me consider staying here and he doesn't have to worry about the 'Jar' at all... Then he can go live with XJ, in a Puma (not to mention pay over 2k/month).

10 moves in almost 6 years is grinding my gears a little. Hopefully, we'll get to stay put for a bit. We've seen a few acreages in our price point, and they aren't too far from base. We're 'cautiously optimistic' about the move.

Provided I don't kill Pickle first....
(and throw his body over the fence at NAS to get the good money ;) )

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Are you still in WA, A4s? You are one of those guys that I'd love to take out to dinner! :)....
Nice sentiment. I'm probably 70/20% WA/HI these days .... 10% reserved for 'other places' ... but if we don't link up, please send $$$$ for dinner and I'll send you a 'thank you' card ... :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Believe it.
Though for what I paid the City of Oak Harbor, the incompetence of their billing department never ceased to amaze me . . .

MasterBates

I do ask MP, what the HELL were you guys thinking getting a horse not being at your ultimate duty station. Unless Bella is gonna be HHG for the move, and Elmers/Alpo after.

H60Gunner

Contributor
VP-46 eh? I think that's HALs old squadron.

I'll have frequent the "wet side" more often to look up the pickels, A4s, xj, et al for a beer or two.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
VP-46 eh? I think that's HALs old squadron.

I'll have frequent the "wet side" more often to look up the pickels, A4s, xj, et al for a beer or two.

I'm game. Until I get my homebrew operation set up I hope you'll settle for a nice Northwest microbrew.

Belle

two babies make a mama insane
Has anyone here lived in the base housing? I talked to them, apparently the new housing has a 5 month wait and the old housing can b moved into immediately. I know that would make the drive to work easy, but is the housing worth all of my BAH or is it a crap-hole like Corpus was?

Base housing, even the "old" stuff, is all pretty nice IMO. I think the older homes were gutted and renovated around 5 years ago or more recently. Any of them I've ever been in have had nice carpeting, paint, appliances and floor plans. Some people's homes back right up to views of the water. There are also "farmhouses", at least two of which I know are empty right now (we live in one of them). They are a little more rustic (but have also been recently renovated), but also have more space/land attached with them and aren't subject to the same sort of stuff that goes with living on base in a neighborhood (having to follow all the rules to a tee and that sort of thing). They might notice a horse in the backyard though.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the bae housing reccomendations...MrsP and I ar starting to really think that may be the way to go.

I am looking at the Maylor Point Capehart houses:

http://www.housing.navy.mil/onestop/_phototours/

type7.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with these houses? Are the back yards fenced? It looks really pretty there, and apparently you guys in the NUW don't get near as much rain as Seattle.
Thanks again,
Pickle