• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting for final select

Bell

Final Select SNA
Alright so I was pro-rec'd SNA back in May. As far as I know I'm finished with everything, just waiting for final select. I've been asking around trying to get an idea as to how long I may be waiting before I hear anything and when I might be going to OCS. I know it varies and there's really not a good answer to this question but any input would be great. Thanks for all your help in the past.

DaveI

I'm in the same boat as you Bell. I read on one of the forums here that they meet the first or second Thursday of every month to process the FS candidates.

Hopefully something will come out by mid July, although I just got my waiver back yesterday and submit everything so you may be a few weeks ahead of me.

In any case, looks like none of us May guys are going anywhere until after October 18th.

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
I will let you know as soon as LCDR G contacts me on it. I figure we should know right about the same time.

citychamp01

Im in the same boat and asked my recruiter about the meeting dates for the final selection committee. My recruiter told me that its just a waiting game but the meetings at the 1st thursday of every month was for selection of people to give professional recommendations. After that, we should hear something within 2 to 4 weeks times. hopefully, he's not pulling my chain but so far, everything he's told me has been correct. I will keep you updated. I completed the PRT ON the 1st thursday of june.(went to meps back in september)

srqwho

pilot
Alright so I was pro-rec'd SNA back in May. As far as I know I'm finished with everything, just waiting for final select. I've been asking around trying to get an idea as to how long I may be waiting before I hear anything and when I might be going to OCS. I know it varies and there's really not a good answer to this question but any input would be great. Thanks for all your help in the past.

I was pro-rec'd in JUN 08 and got my FS in late AUG/Early SEPT 08. It takes longer for some.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

That was last month. Hurry up and wait.

No one can give you a definitive answer. Just chill and don't worry about it.

Your wait may be very long or very short. One month is pretty quick. Took me about a month and half to get my final select.

Others have waited longer. You might be one.

I will let you know as soon as LCDR G contacts me on it. I figure we should know right about the same time.

Wrong. You might find out around the same time but you might not. Don't feed the guy false hope when you aren't 100% sure.

This question pops up way too much. Use the search feature in the future.

And as always, as has been said by numerous final selects in the past on this board.

Your mileage will vary.

Wait on and stay safe. :D

Bell

Final Select SNA
Thanks for the input. I figured there's really no definite answer and it varies from person to person. Again, thanks for the help.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
Yea it varies but to give you a little more of an idea it took me about a month to get FS, and then 2.5 months to get my first check. Better just settle in for the wait ;)

I would suggest taking a look at some of the previous months boards to yours. That should give you a general idea on how long it may take.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I got my pro-rec in February and I am still waiting for my FS

Really? I would check on that because I remember my recruiter saying there is a 90 day limit on getting final select after pro-rec, or maybe that was just getting the FINDOCS submitted. Meh. You're probably fine.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
Really? I would check on that because I remember my recruiter saying there is a 90 day limit on getting final select after pro-rec, or maybe that was just getting the FINDOCS submitted. Meh. You're probably fine.
I hope that is not the case, I was pro-rec'd in February too! I am still waiting for my FS.