• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting for final select

Aviator2B

Pro-Rec SNA, NFO, SWO!
motivational statement / my stats

you all have been pro-rec so I was wondering if you could take a look at my mot. statement and throw some feedback. I take the prt tomorrow morn and from my tests I have

75 p/u, 75 s/u, 9:30 1.5 miles
52 oar, 6 pilot, 5 nfo, 5 aca
40 hrs flight time including solo and solo xc
recs from 3 navy pilots, 3 past supervisors, director of officer affairs for Air Force
Project leader for a non-profit org with over 100 hrs comm serv.
3.35 gpa, sports medicine major
played soccer in college and every sport in high school
vp of fraternity
vp of a comm coll soccer team
national honor society

here is my rough draft.

I am seeking commission as a Naval Officer for multiple reasons. First and foremost is the opportunity to serve God, my Country, and fellow Americans. For over 225 years an elite group of men and women can proudly say they served in the United States Navy. The ability to state that is an achievement I would take great pride in. Secondly, I have a strong passion for leading and teaching others. I am certain the Navy can provide me with the tools to become a great teacher, and an even better leader. As a Naval Officer, I will be challenged every day with a different task and manage difficult duties that require a large amount of responsibility and accountability. While doing so, the opportunity to lead the best, and learn and work for the best will mine for the taking. There is no other situation that would provide me with the opportunity to help those around me become better sailors, while improving myself as well.
To be a great Officer you must possess great leadership and communication skills. I believe from the positions I have held on athletic teams and being a Project Leader for a Non-Profit Organization, I have enhanced both skills. From these experiences, I have managed large groups of people, directed specific tasks to each group, and successfully completed the task at hand. While taking a full class schedule, flight lessons, caring for my brother?s son, working two jobs, and playing soccer, I have enhanced my ability to overcome adversity and found the courage to achieve my goals. Having all these responsibilities at once, I was still able to obtain a 3.35 GPA and was inducted into a National Honor Society. I have demonstrated through my work experience that I am able to uphold the utmost integrity and strong professionalism.
I believe that by being goal-oriented, having the eagerness to learn and improve, being an experienced leader, and having great communication skills, I would make an exceptional Naval Officer. Furthermore, with my aviation knowledge and flight experience, I would also make a fine Naval Aviator.

Mr. John F. Kennedy says it best, "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

thanks

You seem to have good stats, there is a whole thread dedicated to motivational statements so I would suggest posting it there and you should get some good feedback.