• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Verbal section preparation - test tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airman Rob

Dude,
I so didn't finish - I forgot to start my stopwatch - then a few questions into the MVT I was like - Oh S..T - from then on it was all downhill - with about 30 seconds to go I just colored in about 12-13 questions. I really wish I'd prepared myself better from a time standpoint. Not trying to argue with you about the physics - just puzzled that the USMC questions are wrong. I'm pretty sure that they are - I taught physics for a while, when I was in grad school. Also checked with my partner at work who is a mech. engineer - he agreed with me....
Oh well....
And thanks for your input in your various posts on these forums - they really helped me.... I will probably re-take in 30 days, as I ave to get an age waiver and I don't want my ASTB scores to be on the lower side. Any idea what would be considered a reasonable homerun score????
Thanks
Rob

jason12

well you're scores are pretty much up there with the good one's, but i'd "say" and i can't emphasize "say" enough as no one "KNOWS" for sure whether they'll get in or not, that's up to the boards, but if competitive are 1 above the average in each category i'd assume that straight 8's across would make you stand out above most

"IF ONE ADVANCES CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS DREAMS,
AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

Meridiani

Rob, I really have no idea why you think your scores are on the "lower side". I scored a 57 on the OAR, 7/6/6 on the subtests, and my recruiter and the OPO of my recruiting district said that my scores were very competitive. Your scores are not too different from mine, so I stand by my first post--no worries. There are folks around here that have scored 65/9/8/8, but in my mind, the difference between very competitive and "dazzling" is not great enough to warrant retaking the test and risk getting a LOWER score. That is always a possibility.

Flynator

Rob,
I am in the same boat as you, need VERY high scores...cuz I have an age waiver and my PFT score isn't in the top 10% like they (USMC) want it to be. I am looking to go USMC NFO.

I am looking for some good info on any questions that you remember from the test. I have my test this Friday, (16th)...I don't know which version I'll be taking yet, but any little bit will help. I have been studying the Arco book but want to get ahold of the Marine guide. I have an 11 page info printout, and a dozen or so pages of an ASTB prep test, is that all it is? Any question gouge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jason12

If its the first time you're taking the ASTB, then it will be form 1, the Marine guide is about the single best piece of study info for that test....know that and you should do well on the real thing.

"IF ONE ADVANCES CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS DREAMS,
AND ENDEAVORS TO LIVE THE LIFE WHICH HE HAS IMAGINED, HE WILL MEET WITH A SUCCESS UNEXPECTED IN COMMON HOURS."

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Well,

I am too getting an age waiver for Marine SNA.... only 28 so it's not that much of a biggie. I got 7/8/7 and OAR of 50 and from what people here and my recruiter have said ... those scores are on the upper end so I don't think you guys should have any problems. If you KNOW you can do better you can go for it if you want but if you are not POSITIVE I wouldn't risk it. Also, my PFT is 278 (took my first one on Friday - 24 pu, 24 crunches, 21:31 3 MILE). My OSO said that for us older folks the run time is the MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!! They wanna know that we can hang. And as far as the Marine Corps goes ... again according to my recruiter ... the deciding factor of the Age Waiver is going to be your PFT so get it up there!!!! If anyone can add to this please feel free.

Peace,

-Spin

Flynator

Are you guys doing your pullups palms facing away from you or palms facing towards you? Does the USMC care which way you do it?

Jeremy

you can switch during as long as you don't get off the pole or touch the ground...I used to do both grips to max out...now I can max with either grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.