• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vance/moody Bubbas Read!

tlord82

pilot
And then there's the mighty RAG birds of the Hornet RAG. PTT....VOX....we wish. It's Hot Mike or nothing in 99% of the jets (one D has VOX). The switch is on the left side under the canopy rail. It's one of the first switches the RP gets good at finding without looking. Early on, you could tell when I wanted to say something because the plane would veer left. And instructors love to leave the damn thing on the whole flight. You get to hear their breathing the whole time. Also, it is is not very much fun to hear your instructor straining and grunting in your ear on a hard pull off target. :icon_rage

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
One of the reason Vance does the hot mike is the IP want/need to hear you agasim so they know if you are doing the G-X right.... because 4G's is hard core!

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
You guys wear G-Suits in those things?

WTF.

It's the Air Force... They need to spend money on something! But, atleast we got to pull G's... 4G's in all my outside pattern turns, a 6G gx each time I entered the area...

It was fun to do, knowing I wanted Helo's and would never experience more than 1.5G's ever again. :)

But the G-suit was kind of unneccessary. It was not technically required on any flight where you would not be going over 3G's (Instrument flights) but because they wouldn't issue us a line-cutter it was a pain to take it out of your g-suit and tie it into your flightsuit each flight... so I never actually heard about more than the strange IP that would ever fly without his speed-jeans.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
It was fun to do, knowing I wanted Helo's and would never experience more than 1.5G's ever again. :)

Than you ain't doin' it right.

TH-57 up to 2.5gs and H-60S up to 3.5(I think, ??? memory lackin' a little here).

Now it's a different story with (-)gs...you'll never WANT to feel those again.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
not all p-3s have the gucci comm selector panel with the vox option....but I hate vox. I think it's mainly for the "soft" talkers....Reminds me of the puffy pirate shirt episode of Seinfeld.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
The speed pants are incredibly useless, and that 6G entry would no longer fly. Raytheon subcontracted the wingspar out to a company who did some sh!t work. Long story short, there is no record of which tails are affected, and thus the T6-A is limited to 5.5G's, over-g's happen often...

MasterBates

4.5g in the Mighty TurboWeenie.

No G-Suits.

I'm ambivalent about how much I like the G-Suit in the 45, but its not optional here.