• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

usmc jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Clux,

Nobody starts out flying rotary, not even helo bubbas. EVERYONE starts out in fixed wing. Some rotary guys transition and fly jets (TACAIR) and some jet guys get helo training (our CO I believe.) Its just few and far between. To say helo guys get to fly helos and jets is a bit of an error on your part. You should have said fixed wing instead of jets. That would have not caused such an outrage here. On the other hand, if you meant to say jets, then you need to look a little further into the facts before posting.

AprilFool

I'm not going to say whether jets are better than helos or vice versa, but why are helo guys even bothering to look at the jet page? Go brag to someone who gives a ****. You're barking up the wrong tree by bragging to a bunch of FAG's (Fighter Attack Guys - I know that we're called that).

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Because we're just going to "new posts" and seeing what's interesting. And besides, we need to set these pre-applicants straight when they start their groveling in here.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"Mind-opening" more like it. I don't have a thing in the world against jet pukes. There are even a couple in my unit right now, and they're fine Americans. I just get annoyed at some of these kids (not necessarily in this thread, but there have been plenty on the forum) who ask things like,"I'm a freshman in NROTC and I need to know how to get jets, 'cause if I don't I think I'd have to quit the Navy." This from some kid who "doesn't know the color of ****e," to quote my favorite movie. The forum is for "jet issues," not necessarily for just "jet guys." If some 18-year-old can display his ignorance in here, then after 9 years in the Corps I should be able to display mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.