• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Executive Flight Detachment (HMX-1 and Presidential Helo)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NAVAIR issues stop-work on Presidential Helo

Even though SECDEF has recently submitted revised Budgetary Documents to Congress that affect FY-10 funding only if Congress agrees, apparently tide had turned against the troubled VH-71 program enough to warrant stopping work in FY09 according to announcement made on 15 May.

Feet Wet

Even though SECDEF has recently submitted revised Budgetary Documents to Congress that affect FY-10 funding only if Congress agrees, apparently tide had turned against the troubled VH-71 program enough to warrant stopping work in FY09 according to announcement made on 15 May.

There is a pretty good story in the May 2009 Rotor and Wing issue that talks of the history of the contract and the genesis of all the headaches....I have absolutely zero experience in the acquisitions side of the fence, but it must have been pretty f'n embarrassing to EVERYONE involved in the process of fielding this A/C. Way over budget, way off timeline, ridiculous requirement requests, etc....

Like I said, maybe it's harder than I realize, but it seems this thing is screwed up on so many fronts that I now realize why some mismanaged programs get the axe.