• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAA just made things even easier....

nugget81

pilot
"Need an overnight deposit? Find a UPS store and send it — free.
Drop off your USAA bank deposits at any of The UPS Store® locations in the U.S. for delivery to USAA via UPS Next Day Air® — free of charge! Try QuickPostSM, a new deposit forwarding service available to USAA deposit accountholders.

Fast, convenient, secure — here's how:
Order a free supply of QuickPost envelopes from USAA, or pick up a generic QuickPost envelope at The UPS Store location.
Complete your USAA deposit slip.
Take your USAA deposit to the nearest location of The UPS Store.
Seal your USAA deposit in the QuickPost envelope. (Please do not send cash.)
Deliver to The UPS Store associate or QuickPost secured kiosk by the last pick-up time at that store for next-business-day delivery. "

Kycntryboy

pilot
If your within 30 months (I believe) of commisioning ala BDCP, ROTC, or Academy you can get the 2% unsecured loan for up to $25000 with. Thats how I'm getting my car, man I love them.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
D_mac05 said:
Now, only if they had a UPS Store in Kingsville....

Wow, even Meridian has one of those. It must really suck down there . . . :icon_tong

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Kycntryboy said:
If your within 30 months (I believe) of commisioning ala BDCP, ROTC, or Academy you can get the 2% unsecured loan for up to $25000 with. Thats how I'm getting my car, man I love them.
That would be a secured loan, i.e., it is "secured" with collateral (the car). A $25,000 line of credit on your signature is usually reserved for those in the highest tax bracket. Also, it's within 6 months of commissioning.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
squorch2 said:
That would be a secured loan, i.e., it is "secured" with collateral (the car). A $25,000 line of credit on your signature is usually reserved for those in the highest tax bracket. Also, it's within 6 months of commissioning.

Where did you get your gouge, it is 18 months for ROTC kids.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Actually Squorch, I hate to pee in your cheerios but I think it is actually a personal loan. No collateral is necessary. That's the amazing part. My roommate actually just got the loan as an investment and is currently letting it rot in a high interest rate CD so he's actually making money once the two interest payments are offset.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Yep, unsecured. Got mine last week, bought my Ensignmobile, a black 2001 Monte Carlo SS....pics soon to be forthcoming.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Quickpost is great. Dropped off checks on Monday, deposited in account the next day. Sweet.

I was under the impression that the 25K loan was to be used towards a car. Since i didnt need a car, i just took out the 5K unsecured loan. Its nice to have when transitioning from MIDN to O-1 since pay is dicked up for the first month after commissioning.

SlickAg

pilot
They recently (within the past six months) changed the rule about the loan to where you could take out all 25K unsecured, i.e. don't have to buy a car. It is possible to get the better APR for your old loan, and to take out your remaining 20K.

FYI i'm also in 0631.