• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
The Chief said:
Actually imprinted Army & Navy. Bad photo. Standard issue, but was back in the day of Jointness.:D

Actually, have heard of some fellows getting a facial wax job to get rid of unwanted hair, but think might have been Coast Guard fellows.:icon_smil :icon_smil
I can bet my dad is older than you. He's older than some of my friend's grandparents. :eek:

But how could you get a facial wax? That requires you to grow out your hair first in order for the wax to grab on to something. If you're to be clean shaven everyday you don't have time for that. Believe me, getting my legs waxed isn't a pretty sight in the weeks leading up to it. :D But I can get away with it. That's what pants are for.

HOORAH

gaijin6423 said:
Because the REAL pain, and therefore character, comes from waxing other bodily areas....
Believe me you could not handle a Brazilian. Even with Ibuprofen first, you actaully sweat from the SHEAR FREAKING PAIN. Not to mention it hurts for like 2 days after too. :D

The crap we women do you for you men. :icon_rage

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
HOORAH said:
I can bet my dad is older than you. He's older than some of my friend's grandparents. :eek: But how could you get a facial wax? That requires you to grow out your hair first in order for the wax to grab on to something. If you're to be clean shaven everyday you don't have time for that. Believe me, getting my legs waxed isn't a pretty sight in the weeks leading up to it. :D But I can get away with it. That's what pants are for.

Impossible. I am older than anyone! :eek: My goal is to live a couple more years, until 99, then be shot by a jealous husband.:D

Are you male or female? :eek:

And by the way, I thought we all had agreed, long ago, to call ourselves electronic engineers rather than electrical engineers, but know some amongst us want to call themselves electronics engineers. But what else can I say?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
HOORAH said:
Believe me you could not handle a Brazilian. Even with Ibuprofen first, you actaully sweat from the SHEAR FREAKING PAIN. Not to mention it hurts for like 2 days after too. :D

The crap we women do you for you men. :icon_rage

Whatever, I prefer a "landing strip" anyway.

HOORAH

The Chief said:
Impossible. I am older than anyone! :eek: My goal is to live a couple more years, until 99, then be shot by a jealous husband.:D

Are you male or female? :eek:

And by the way, I thought we all had agreed, long ago, to call ourselves electronic engineers rather than electrical engineers, but know some amongst us want to call themselves electronics engineers. But what else can I say?
HAHA that's funny. What a way to go.

Um how many males do you know getting Brazillians? Are you in some sort of male stripper ring? :D

What? No. I got a degree in electrical engineering not electronics. You know that stuff that makes lights work...tranformers...circuits...lighting panels...HVAC...Nurse call Systems...Fire Systems...all of that stuff. I was unaware that I was in electronics seeing as I don't really touch them. I did a sound system, once, and a flight simulator, once, it was only the wiring for Eurocoptor though, and the MUFIDS at the airport but I most cetainly didn't make the displays just the wiring systems that makes them work at the airport.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only on AW could the conversation evolve from the shaving of a many beard, to bald monkey. :D

Brett

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Under Armour (Navy OCS)

Hey guys, I know this has been discussed ad nauseum for Marine OCS but now that Navy OCS has moved to RI what is the policy on bringing things like under armour cold gear? If it's authorized what are the best styles/colors to get? I'm looking at a possible ship date around late Jan/early Feb. and I want to put together a wish list of things I'll need to give to my family for xmas shopping purposes. Anything else you reccomend gettting would be a big help.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OCS will provide with everything you need to wear. Having something like that on will only highlight yourself and put you in the DI's sites. At a place like OCS uniformity is good. Blending in is good.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
HooverPilot hit it right on.....I did not do OCS but when the person training a group is looking to pick on someone, they pick on the person who is different. And remember to never miss an oppurtunity to shut the #$%$ up.