• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I endured the same traumatic experience in Boot Camp and OCS - the horror!

Brett
They made you shave at OCS with those bullsh!t razors!? They didn't let you use your own?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
They made you shave at OCS with those bullsh!t razors!? They didn't let you use your own?
Not during poopie week. It was blue Bic disposables and facial lacerations for the lot of us.

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
Alright, A follow up question: I use a regular razor to shave every morning and my face hasn't exactly adjusted ( I still bleed pretty profusely after 10 months ) . What type electrical razors have you found to get the closet shave and be the most durable =)

Try switching brands then. Those Bic type disposable razors cut me every time, but I find the Mach III smooth as silk and can use it with water only or even dry in the field with nary a cut.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The nice thing about the electric razor is that you shave and drive to work at the same time. I like to be efficient. :D

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Ok, I have to ask... Why do guys today have such wimpy faces? :confused: My dad still uses the Bic double blade disposable razor that comes in 10 packs with no problem. They don't even have moisture strips on them. He looks at it as a step up from his Army issued razor like The Chief pictured. I have friends that refuse to shave because their faces turn into bloody messes from razor burn. Can't you take it? I thought you were supposed to be men. :D

Note: I'm just teasing, a little. :icon_tong

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
HOORAH said:
Ok, I have to ask... Why do guys today have such wimpy faces? :confused: My dad still uses the Bic double blade disposable razor that comes in 10 packs with no problem. They don't even have moisture strips on them. He looks at it as a step up from his Army issued razor like The Chief pictured. I have friends that refuse to shave because their faces turn into bloody messes from razor burn. Can't you take it? I thought you were supposed to be men. :D

Note: I'm just teasing, a little. :icon_tong

When was the last time a girl told you that ' razorburn is sexy' :icon_tong

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
HighDimension said:
When was the last time a girl told you that ' razorburn is sexy' :icon_tong
I didn't say razor burn is sexy I just asked why your faces are so wimpy that you get it from a little old razor? :D

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
HOORAH said:
... Army issued razor like The Chief pictured. ...

Actually imprinted Army & Navy. Bad photo. Standard issue, but was back in the day of Jointness.:D

Actually, have heard of some fellows getting a facial wax job to get rid of unwanted hair, but think might have been Coast Guard fellows.:icon_smil :icon_smil

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HOORAH said:
I didn't say razor burn is sexy I just asked why your faces are so wimpy that you get it from a little old razor? :D
As if it's something people actually have control over.

TSmyth

pilot
I'm kind of proud that I started a heated thread from a rather benign question. I'm starting to get good at this!
As for the shaving, I'd much rather just go the easy/lazy way and bring the ol' electric in the car and shave on the way to work. Lathering up takes too much time! Certainly way more effort than I want to put into anything in the morning.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
The Chief said:
Actually imprinted Army & Navy. Bad photo. Standard issue, but was back in the day of Jointness.:D

Actually, have heard of some fellows getting a facial wax job to get rid of unwanted hair, but think might have been Coast Guard fellows.:icon_smil :icon_smil

I doubt it was any of the Coasties, those guys are pretty hardcore. My guess is it would be a few Air Force bubbas.:D

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Maybe it is just me... but doesn't waxing off facial hair sound a helluva lot more painful than just using a razor?