• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

uniform?'s4PriorE's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borncreole

Thanks for the info, but I was wondering if any one who has actually been through OCS if they wanted to see the uniforms, for whatever reason. If not I think I will be doing the same as Digger, one less thing to pack. Hey digger what designator were you selected for??

digger

There is a speed limit when taxing officer?
Pilot. We were in the same class before you got pushed back.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Borncreole said:
Thanks for the info, but I was wondering if any one who has actually been through OCS if they wanted to see the uniforms, for whatever reason. If not I think I will be doing the same as Digger, one less thing to pack. Hey digger what designator were you selected for??

Borncreole,

None of the priors in my class broke out their enlisted gear. Everyone wears short sleeve wash khakis after poopie week, and priors don't wear any warfare devices on them (like you would in the fleet). Basically, you'll get to show off your stuff on the liberty uniforms.

F414Guy

Not to argue the point but this is straight off the OCS home page, what to bring to OCS.

) If you have prior enlisted naval service, all Navy uniforms (if applicable)
h) If you have prior enlisted military service and rate wearing warfare devices, ribbons and medals/miniature medals, bring them. You’ll need them for inspections, graduation and formal dining outs. (if applicable)

I may or may not need them but I'm taking them. I'm sure as hell not going to be "the kid doing his own thing".

digger

F414Guy,

You’re correct about the website and I brought that to attention when I asked the question. The answer was you will only need your uniforms if “they” hurt you bad enough to put you up in the hospital. :fight_125 Besides you can't keep your Rank while the DI's are trying to tell you that you are lower then pond scum.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Digger,

The "OCS Navy" T-shirt is part of the pt uniform when you secure. Otherwise, you just use plain white undershirts. Don't worry about that too much, because all the gear you will wear will be issued on poopie christmas. Seeing how you'll be attending OCS in the summer, you probably won't wear the sweats at all. Keep in mind that the stuff you're issued has two purposes: Stuff you can use, and stuff you'll need to keep in pristine condition for RLP.

digger

I only ask because I still have the smurf outfit and shorts, I was wondering if I should pack them?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Chances are your smurf outfit doesn't isn't the OCS Navy variety, and like I said, since it'll be the summer, you won't need your sweats. As for the PT shorts (the short teal lookin' things) you can never have too many of those, so I'd go ahead and pack those.

Status
Not open for further replies.