• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ugliest Aircraft Submissions....

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
Took this during my visit to the museum at NAS Tillamook, I can't remember what it is called but it sure is ugly.

Attachments

• Tillamook 099.jpg
    Tillamook 099.jpg
    832 KB · Views: 68

pilot19

phalcon_c1.jpg
Looks like it got punched in the nose and it has major swelling. What an ugly plane :eek:

Mos

None
I always thought the KA-25 Hormone had all the features of ugliness. Bad case of antenna acne, an ungainly shopping-cart style undercarriage, stubby tail, freaky two rotors, even its NATO name is ugly.

Attachments

• ka-25-dnst8611142.jpg
    ka-25-dnst8611142.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 45

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I always thought the KA-25 Hormone had all the features of ugliness. Bad case of antenna acne, an ungainly shopping-cart style undercarriage, stubby tail, freaky two rotors, even its NATO name is ugly.
I wonder which came first:

The KAMEN HH-43 'Huskie' chicken (@ 1953), or the KA-25 'Hormone' egg (@ 1958) ... ???

pic47b.jpg
ka_25_s_photo.jpg

>>>>>>> KAMEN HH-43 'Huskie' and the KAMOV KA-25 'Hormone' <<<<<<<<

Carlos Caliente

None
By the way, do we do cross-decks any more? Probably no foreign compatible carrier deck remaining
BzB

Yep, french Rafales and E-2's were on the TR summer before last. ALthough the rafale is a pretty good looking aircraft, it is positively scary and ugly looking when it drags its tail skag across all four cross deck pennants.

My vote goes to the Fairey Gannet!

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
The Guardrail is pretty hideous...like it needs to see a skin doctor.

Figures the Army would fly it, as they fly the (slightly) ugly C-23 Sherpa.

army.mil-2008-01-31-130922.jpg

800px-C-23A-1.jpg

Lawman

None
Figures the Army would fly it, as they fly the (slightly) ugly C-23 Sherpa.

Slightly? The unofficial nickname of the C-23 is the "flying refridgerator box." Im convinced that was half the reason we couldnt keep the C-27 Spartan in house. The Army isnt allowed to have elegant/sexy/clean looking fixed wing aircraft. Proof being the Sherpa, the Sparkchasing C-12, and the Mohawk.

yak52driver

Contributor
I flew a charter up to KSAW yesterday, a former SAC B-52 base in Michigan. They had an IL-76 sitting on the ramp all chained down and barricaded to keep it from leaving. Maybe not ugly, but unusual looking. Sorry for the rainy, gray picture.

Attachments

• PA020144.JPG
    PA020144.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 66