• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ugliest Aircraft Submissions....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
T-2C was pretty ugly...

EXCEPT in the Gun Pattern @ VT-4 ... then it was a thing of 'beauty' ...

I shall pray for your eternal soul ...

61364397.jpg

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The T-2C was not an ugly aircraft. It wasn't pretty either... it was just... well... yeah.. it's ugly. But it was definitely a fun aircraft. Loved it. Simple to operate. Won't start... kick it and try again.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The T-2C was not an ugly aircraft. It wasn't pretty either... it was just... well... yeah.. it's ugly. But it was definitely a fun aircraft. Loved it. Simple to operate. Won't start... kick it and try again.
One time ... on a X-Country ... a controller asked us: 'what is that can fly so high ...yet sooooooooooooooo slow' ??? .... :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Its Jet Powered Cousin....

lightning-crew.jpg

Why did the Euros put tanks/pylons on the upper wings?? Seems like they would be much tougher to service. I've seen this with the SEPECAT Jag and F-1 Mirage as well.....

yak52driver

Contributor
Sir, while I cannot speak for the other aircraft, the last one is the Blohm and Voss BV-141, it was a reconnaissance aircraft in the Luftwaffe inventory, and flew in limited numbers.

Still an ugly aircraft though, albeit a cool-looking one.

Looks like something Burt Rutan would design.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Why did the Euros put tanks/pylons on the upper wings?? Seems like they would be much tougher to service. I've seen this with the SEPECAT Jag and F-1 Mirage as well.....

That's a good question, sir. Disruption in upper surface flow is more critical than lower surface....but when tanks are an afterthought and you've already designed your landing gear....well, those buggers are going on top. Look closely at the gear well, its location, and the available mounting space under the wing.